Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Postby Red Carpet » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:59 pm

i had a lot of troubles because on the forum someone wrote he diconeted the moterboard in the computer cos it would be a waste to let it just it turn on and do nothing i thought he was right and did the same but no worky from the software that is why i bought a second d8b because marcs software did not work with the with the first one tried it on the second one worked like a charm until i diconected the motherboard again i thought to my self wtf happend but i inmediatly understood that the motherboard must be conected for it all to work.

now i had two working consoles i used 1 of them but after two months the faders whent down nothing worked i replaced it by the second d8b
but i wanted to repair the first one anyway ofcourse
after some searching the forum getting awnsers here and there the first thing was replacing the rail capacitors after that i put it all back together still no signal i thought well i tried and put it aside then it stood here for a year under a cloth
last month we got a d&r orion here that needed repair the repair man came fixed it and while he was here he messured the voltage to al the boards in the d8b

now i knew the problem was on the board under the metal plates where the pan en buttons are once i got that out
i was looking at the fader conecters and left above one of the conectors another capacitor was blown i replaced it and have it running again

and this what over the last 4 years still love the workhorse :mrgreen:
Red Carpet

Postby thruhiker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:17 am

Hey Marc,

Don't let the haters slow you down. :-) Most of us, especially the Pro Tools users, are patently waiting for version 2.0 with excitement. It seems the HUI protocol isn't easily demystified. Please continue your hard work. Updates in this thread as to your progress keep us interested and ready to purchase the product.

That being said, do you have any sort of idea for its release date? Most of us are ready to buy V 2.0 the minute it drops.

Respectfully....
thruhiker

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:05 pm

thruhiker wrote:Don't let the haters slow you down. :-) Most of us, especially the Pro Tools users, are patently waiting for version 2.0 with excitement. It seems the HUI protocol isn't easily demystified. Please continue your hard work. Updates in this thread as to your progress keep us interested and ready to purchase the product.

That being said, do you have any sort of idea for its release date? Most of us are ready to buy V 2.0 the minute it drops.

Hello there,

I know, I don't bother much about whiners, I invested way to much of my time and energy to give up at this point. I don't have any dates for you yet as I hit a little roadblock with Pro Tools and HUI but I'll try to find a way out of this in the next few days. These days, life brought me a lot of mixing work (that's my primary job) and I have to pay the bills sometimes! :) I'd love prioritize D8Bridge and release it faster, beleive me! :) Thanks for the kind words.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mixingmusic » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:55 pm

I'm sure all of us that paid $350.00 for 1.1 will be happy with 2.0 upgrade for free like you told all of us!

Thanks Marc :D
mixingmusic

Postby thebank » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:54 am

Stop crying to Marc about 350 and help him release 2.0
350 doesn't even cover my electrical for a month in the studio- who cares.
we need him to finish so we can get working. Plus, without his work most of us would have doorstops.
He's creating value for all of us.
If there is ANY way to use the console's monitor/talkback section, i would definitely pay extra for that.
Marc- thanks a lot. get it done!
thebank

Postby mixingmusic » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:48 pm

thebank wrote:Stop crying to Marc about 350 and help him release 2.0
350 doesn't even cover my electrical for a month in the studio- who cares.
we need him to finish so we can get working. Plus, without his work most of us would have doorstops.
He's creating value for all of us.
If there is ANY way to use the console's monitor/talkback section, i would definitely pay extra for that.
Marc- thanks a lot. get it done!

Oh Mr Bank you want me to shut up when 1.1 don't work right in Win 64......I was told by Mr. Marc that all that would be fixed a year ago.......

I never heard from him and nobody else did either for months.......

Then I was supposed to feel sorry for him because of I guess his hard times.......What about my hard times...Or anybody else's hard times....

I'm using loopMIDI as he said to use and it kinda works but I'm only able to use 24 channels of the D8B Controller....
It wont Jog over to the rest of the channels

I would pay extra for that fix......But that would never happen!

All I ever wanted was a fixed product as I was promised when I purchased this on Ebay from Marc...

You Mr Bank want the console's monitor/talkback section, that you would definitely pay extra for. LMFAO

1.1 was never finished

You can call me whatever you want...I will never give up until I'm satisfied with a fix.......

What happens when you buy 2.0 and it don't work right for you? ...Are gonna say Who Cares and pay your Electricity Bill?
mixingmusic

Postby Casey_Pittman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:05 am

Can we get this thread back on topic? Which is, just to remind everyone, about the development of version 2. Lets keep separate issues in separate threads, shall we.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:29 pm

Casey_Pittman wrote:Can we get this thread back on topic? Which is, just to remind everyone, about the development of version 2. Lets keep separate issues in separate threads, shall we.

-Casey

Casey,

If Marc would have said...1.1 is not finished and I'm going to charge you $100.00 and when I get it 100% I'm going to ask for another $250.00....I bet he would have had happier customers.....

He promised me he was going to have updates because it was not 100%.........

I believed him and paid Marc $350.00 for an unfinished product on ebay and you expect me to keep on topic?

If I treated my Customers like he does I would not be in Business!
mixingmusic

Postby Casey_Pittman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:32 am

mixingmusic wrote:
Casey_Pittman wrote:Can we get this thread back on topic? Which is, just to remind everyone, about the development of version 2. Lets keep separate issues in separate threads, shall we.

-Casey

Casey,

If Marc would have said...1.1 is not finished and I'm going to charge you $100.00 and when I get it 100% I'm going to ask for another $250.00....I bet he would have had happier customers.....

He promised me he was going to have updates because it was not 100%.........

I believed him and paid Marc $350.00 for an unfinished product on ebay and you expect me to keep on topic?

If I treated my Customers like he does I would not be in Business!

All valid points, that can be put in their own thread so this one can stay on track.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Casey,

Thank you for your concern....

I will quit posting here when Marc tells all of us that bought 1.1 from him that he will either fix or make sure we all get 2.0 upgrade free!

He assured me on Skype that we would all be getting upgrades.....That never happened!

He told me that their were over 40 or so people that paid for 1.1 that would be over $14,000.00....Not Bad for Unfinished!

If Marc will assure that all of us customers will be taken care of I will start praising him for his efforts...... :D
mixingmusic

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum