Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Postby Marc Girard » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:50 am

djrezinfingerz wrote:So Mac Support will still be available in the future, just not as soon as you would like?

Version 2.0 should be available for both platforms at the same time. Not a promise, but I'm working both versions at the same time. So far so good. :)
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby djrezinfingerz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 pm

No worries dude, best of luck. Great to see you back on the case.
djrezinfingerz

Postby bitSync » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Feature Request for 2.0 -
Marc, would it be possible to include a meter calibration function in the application that permitted matching the d8b LED meters to the DAW? Maybe some way to scale the meter display inside D8Bridge on the way to the d8b? In Sonar X2/X3, the d8b meters generally show hotter than the DAW meters and I'm not aware of a way to calibrate them.

Also, please keep the v1.1 d8b LED test function in 2.0. That has been very useful on a number of occasions. Thanks.
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RustyNotes » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:25 pm

bitSync wrote:Feature Request for 2.0 -
Marc, would it be possible to include a meter calibration function in the application that permitted matching the d8b LED meters to the DAW? Maybe some way to scale the meter display inside D8Bridge on the way to the d8b? In Sonar X2/X3, the d8b meters generally show hotter than the DAW meters and I'm not aware of a way to calibrate them.

Also, please keep the v1.1 d8b LED test function in 2.0. That has been very useful on a number of occasions. Thanks.

Thats a good point! Same thing happens in Studio One. The meters are always way to hot on the D8B.

Marc, how's it going? you think you'll have it done by xmas? :)
RustyNotes

Postby Midirose » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:48 am

Great work Marc. Looks like our Christmases may be a little light (minus D8b Ver2 cost), but yours could be totally awesome....LOL
Midirose

Postby Marc Girard » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 pm

That's a great idea, if I could, I would! :) In fact, we were lucky with all the meter bridge thing... Let me explain: Each D8B channels have exactly 24 LEDs available for show (You can count them with a flashlight! a hehehe). The designers decided to pair the leds together, so, 24 leds divided by two leds per each steps: 12 "levels" available for the meters. I said we were lucky because the MCU & HUI protocol states that there's 12 steps total for metering.

So, with only 12 steps in the meters and over a hundred dBs to "show", well, we're quite limited. I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise nothing for now. Another fact is that the MCU only has a single LED for "signal". It's in the MCU specs to have 12 steps but since there's one LED to show audio activity, sometimes DAW makers cut corners and simply go "On/Off" on the LED (IE: Reason). Now, even if I had the 24 steps available to me, we're still at the mercy of the MCU implementations... (I know, I say that a lot, but it's the truth).

Don't worry, the Test D8B LEDs is included in 2.0! It's even better, it won't wipe all of your LEDs status once done. It'll restore all of the board's state. So you'll be able to test your board anytime.

bitSync wrote:Feature Request for 2.0 -

Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby MOSHWITZ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:54 am

Sup? :mrgreen:

Sweet,, looking forward to this. Keep up the good work Marc, you rock :D

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Tom Ford » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi Marc. This is exactly what I need.

Case #2-> You have a working D8B computer. D8Bridge 2.0 is able to communicate via ethernet network instead of serial cabling. You'll be able to boot your D8B computer with a special diskette, bypassing the D8B OS (3.0 or 5.x). With the D8B CPU booted in "D8Bridge Mode", you'll be able to control your DAW and have basic audio functions of your board. If you ever need the full features of the D8B (EQs, plugins, etc). Simply eject the D8Bridge diskette and reboot, voila... D8B's back to normal operation.

This looks like I can decide on boot to use the "DAW control" or the "Standard D8B Cinfiguration". If this is accurate, I'm in! Thank you.
Tom Ford

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:54 am

Tom Ford wrote:This looks like I can decide on boot to use the "DAW control" or the "Standard D8B Cinfiguration". If this is accurate, I'm in! Thank you.

Even better, D8Bridge 2.0 will control audio routing and basic mixing duties, so... You'll need your MackieOS just if your REALLY need your old, Mackie plugins...
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Casey_Pittman » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:20 am

Marc,

Since V2 is a bootable disk would it be possible to either get rid of the hard drive in the machine altogether or install bridge V2.0 on an SSD hard drive and replace the mackie drive completely and not have to work about the floppy?

Also, I'm assuming that the monitoring section will still be working and we'll be able to select between the digital 1 & 2 and Master for monitoring incoming signals? Tape in A, B, C and the nearfield/main/mono buttons?

Also, will we be able to map functions to some of the buttons in the master section? Like the Save button actually save the project type of thing? Digital I/O opens up VST connection window or the sound card control panel.

These are just some thoughts/polite suggestions :D great job with all of this!

Thanks for your time, and I'm super excited that just the audio routing is coming to fruition. Very excited cubase user ready to dish out money over here!

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum