Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Postby Recording Drummer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:24 am

Thank you Marc for the explanation of version 2. You mention MCU and HUI control of Pro Tools. How about Reaper with Klinke? How would you use the Bridge in this case? How much audio control do you have in bridge mode? Can I get 48 tracks of Reaper channel control?

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:59 am

Recording Drummer wrote:Thank you Marc for the explanation of version 2. You mention MCU and HUI control of Pro Tools. How about Reaper with Klinke? How would you use the Bridge in this case? How much audio control do you have in bridge mode? Can I get 48 tracks of Reaper channel control?

Hello RD,

Reaper and Klinke is MCU, it's already supported with D8Bridge 1.x. Of course v2.0 will continue to support MCU. You can get unlimited number of channel control with D8Bridge and Reaper. The number of tracks is limited by the DAW, not D8Bridge. Thanks for writing!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby RustyNotes » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:12 pm

do you have any estimated date? I mean, are we talking 1 month or 1 year here :) Not that i wanna stress you, just curious :)
RustyNotes

Postby Recording Drummer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Great Marc!

You mentioned "With the D8B CPU booted in "D8Bridge Mode", you'll be able to control your DAW and have basic audio functions of your board." What are the available basic audio functions on the d8b console in the D8Bridge mode?

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 pm

RustyNotes wrote:do you have any estimated date? I mean, are we talking 1 month or 1 year here :) Not that i wanna stress you, just curious :)

Development is progressing rapidly. Fortunately for me, it is easier the second time around. I already have many pieces of the puzzle in place. (MCU, HUI, Network, GUI). I don't wanna risk myself in a date but I'm aiming before the end of this year... (or early next year).
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Recording Drummer wrote:You mentioned "With the D8B CPU booted in "D8Bridge Mode", you'll be able to control your DAW and have basic audio functions of your board." What are the available basic audio functions on the d8b console in the D8Bridge mode?

I'm talking basic audio functions, like 48 inputs, pans and routing. Enough to make the board functional but I don't want to get myself into the complex DSP side of things. I might implement EQs and such later on... But for now, I've got much things on in my plate, will concentrate to do the best MCU/HUI implementation around. It should be even better than v1.0! :)
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Recording Drummer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:28 pm

That's great Marc! Thank you:)

RD
Recording Drummer

Postby djrezinfingerz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:44 am

I am getting a massive stiffy reading about this...

I am wishfully hoping that... your software will enable me too use the d8b with pro tools 8 on mac that I currently have.
I am hoping you can get to control transport functions, and faders pans mutes solo. and still be able to route audio in out of my opt 8 cards on my d8b. No processing with d8b o.s. is really needed for me.
djrezinfingerz

Postby RustyNotes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Is there any way for you to make the d8b to controll the EQ in Studio one, just as you can in cubase and nuendo?
RustyNotes

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:25 pm

RustyNotes wrote:Is there any way for you to make the d8b to controll the EQ in Studio one, just as you can in cubase and nuendo?

Well, that all depends on how the manufacturer of your DAW implements the MCU / HUI protocol. I plan on making better documentation for D8Bridge 2.0 on how to install, configure and use the software vs the DAW.
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum