Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Postby Casey_Pittman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:16 pm

From the tread "D8bridge 2.0 announced."

Marc Girard wrote:
bitSync wrote:Just wondering, are you still intending to make v1.2 happen as you indicated in this post -

http://www.d8bforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=888

or are you now moving on directly to v2.0? If v1.2 is no longer planned, what are the implications for v1.1 owners and a fix path for some of the v1.1 issues? Will the current v1.1 owners get their bug fixes in v2.0? Thanks.

Hello BitSync,

The problem that I have with fixing v1.x bugs is that they are often not related to D8Bridge at all. D8Bridge v1.x translates all MCU commands to native D8B commands and vice-versa. This directly impacts D8Bridge, let's pretend that a DAW manufacturer implements only say, fader moves. Well, only the faders will work with D8Bridge.

So, many DAWs, means many MCU implementations, means many ways to receive/sends commands. The best MCU implementation I've seen so far is Cuabse/Nuendo (that's one of the reasons why I developed v1.x with it).

That being said, I'm not saying that I'm perfect, far from it! I did my best to implement an MCU protocol (with outdated docs, without the original hardware!). Same goes for the D8B, reverse engineered the Mackie communication protocols.

One of the real bugs that D8Bridge has is the MIDI System Exclusive handling... It needs a complete rewrite as I didn't understand (back then) how Microsoft implemented this in their OS. (Once again, almost no documentation available on this subject, a friend from Ubisoft debugged me!). Same goes for the MIDI port selectors and bad error checking routines.

So, I've got a choice: Rewrite much of the v1.x or start on a brand new base and rethink how D8Bridge works... As I wanted to add new features and change a few major things, well, the answer was quite clear.

I'm not saying that there ain't gonna be no v1.x, but my efforts are concentrated on the new version... It's easier the second time around, started fresh, added all that I wanted and I've got more experience as well so... It'll result in a much better product.

Don't worry, v1.x users will have a special upgrade price, that is to be announced.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Casey_Pittman wrote:From the tread "D8bridge 2.0 announced."

Marc Girard wrote:
bitSync wrote:Just wondering, are you still intending to make v1.2 happen as you indicated in this post -

http://www.d8bforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=888

or are you now moving on directly to v2.0? If v1.2 is no longer planned, what are the implications for v1.1 owners and a fix path for some of the v1.1 issues? Will the current v1.1 owners get their bug fixes in v2.0? Thanks.

Hello BitSync,

The problem that I have with fixing v1.x bugs is that they are often not related to D8Bridge at all. D8Bridge v1.x translates all MCU commands to native D8B commands and vice-versa. This directly impacts D8Bridge, let's pretend that a DAW manufacturer implements only say, fader moves. Well, only the faders will work with D8Bridge.

So, many DAWs, means many MCU implementations, means many ways to receive/sends commands. The best MCU implementation I've seen so far is Cuabse/Nuendo (that's one of the reasons why I developed v1.x with it).

That being said, I'm not saying that I'm perfect, far from it! I did my best to implement an MCU protocol (with outdated docs, without the original hardware!). Same goes for the D8B, reverse engineered the Mackie communication protocols.

One of the real bugs that D8Bridge has is the MIDI System Exclusive handling... It needs a complete rewrite as I didn't understand (back then) how Microsoft implemented this in their OS. (Once again, almost no documentation available on this subject, a friend from Ubisoft debugged me!). Same goes for the MIDI port selectors and bad error checking routines.

So, I've got a choice: Rewrite much of the v1.x or start on a brand new base and rethink how D8Bridge works... As I wanted to add new features and change a few major things, well, the answer was quite clear.

I'm not saying that there ain't gonna be no v1.x, but my efforts are concentrated on the new version... It's easier the second time around, started fresh, added all that I wanted and I've got more experience as well so... It'll result in a much better product.

Don't worry, v1.x users will have a special upgrade price, that is to be announced.

-Casey

As I've always said......

If I get taken care of I will be Happy.......

All I have to go off of is Marc's performance and that has been terrible for me so far....

He reads this shit....Why doesn't he apologize......He took my money and told me no worries and I believed him...

Marc....Answer this and tell me personally that I will be taken care of and I will shut up and wait.....
mixingmusic

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:19 am

All I have to go off of is Marc's performance and that has been terrible for me so far....

He reads this shit....Why doesn't he apologize......He took my money and told me no worries and I believed him...

Marc....Answer this and tell me personally that I will be taken care of and I will shut up and wait.....

What's your issue? You said yourself that it is working fine... -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1063&start=10#p8496
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mixingmusic » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Marc Girard wrote:

What's your issue? You said yourself that it is working fine... -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1063&start=10#p8496

I said it worked great in 32bit not 64bit.....I have a brand new machine using C 7.5 & LoopMIDI 32bit that I had to figure out myself because you would not help........I don't think you really know...If you did, Maybe you would of helped...

It's quite a procedure you have to go through in order to use D8Bridge with the 32bit loopMIDI every time I use it..

It crashes at random and I have to reset it up often.......

The Jog does not work....I can only use 24 Channels and that's it...We all need more than 24 tracks these days..in 64bit...

As I always said great product.......Poor Communication and updates as you promised.......

All I want to know from you is that I will be taken care of with 2.0 or fix 1.1.....
mixingmusic

Postby thebank » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:25 am

I have $5 towards refunding this guy his money so he can STFU and we can move on.
This is a project, not a commercial business. It's a mod. if you want that type of support buy another controller.
AVID will take your money. But they don't have anything that cheap. oops!
thebank

Postby mixingmusic » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm

thebank wrote:I have $5 towards refunding this guy his money so he can STFU and we can move on.
This is a project, not a commercial business. It's a mod. if you want that type of support buy another controller.
AVID will take your money. But they don't have anything that cheap. oops!

Why don't you buy 1.1 from Marc.........Oh oops are you to cheap to buy it? I'll give you $10.00 towards your purchase
of 1.1 to shut your f'ing mouth.......

It didn't say this is a homemade project that I'm (Marc) kinda working on, So it may or may not work with your DAW when I bought it on Ebay.....

It was sold on Ebay from Marc as a fully functional Controller......That works great!

I was looking for a little help from Marc and he gave it to me in his last post....So I will wait until 2.0 comes out....

But I don't have to listen to your Dumb Ass.......
mixingmusic

Postby thebank » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 pm

I use macs, so I can't buy 1.1

But i've never seen anyone cry so much. Sell your 1.1 on ebay then. Please.
thebank

Postby mixingmusic » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:54 am

thebank wrote:I use macs, so I can't buy 1.1

But i've never seen anyone cry so much. Sell your 1.1 on ebay then. Please.

Really simple....If you see my name....Ignore me!

You have no money in this....

It's not like a million people are on here.......Marc made about $15,000 off us...That qualifies for more than a little project..

You know nothing about all this... so you can... STFU and mind your own business!
mixingmusic

Postby Casey_Pittman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:21 am

:roll: Now that everyone has told everyone else to STFU, the matter is closed and 2.0 development can get back underway.

I don't want to step on Peters toes and act like I'm moderating, but any post that has nothing to do with 2.0 development from here on out I will report as spam and suggest that your account be deleted for trolling.

-Casey

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mixingmusic » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:18 am

Casey_Pittman wrote::roll: Now that everyone has told everyone else to STFU, the matter is closed and 2.0 development can get back underway.

I don't want to step on Peters toes and act like I'm moderating, but any post that has nothing to do with 2.0 development from here on out I will report as spam and suggest that your account be deleted for trolling.

-Casey

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day

So it's okay for you to say whatever you want....But not anybody else....Right?

Do whatever makes you feel like a Big Man on your Special Valentine's Day!
mixingmusic

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum