Change font size   Print view

D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Discussion board for the D8Bridge users

Re: D8Bridge Version 2.0 is progressing - Good news!

Postby Marc Girard » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:00 pm

RustyNotes wrote:well, i have a bunch of photos when i was building it if you want to see :)

Sure thing! I'd like to see that. Do you have some kind of plans for it? What about the total cost of your project? Thanks in advance!
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby mixingmusic » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 pm

I've also spent a lot of money on my Custom Solid Oak Desk for the D8Bridge......I'm also not able to use it at this time......

When I bought this on Ebay I asked if I would be getting the upgrades and I was told...Yes You Will....

I hope this wasn't a waste of money?

I really liked it with Cubase 7 32bit

I'm using C7 64 now.....and it don't work...............
mixingmusic

Postby RustyNotes » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Any updates??
RustyNotes

Postby mixingmusic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:11 pm

mixingmusic wrote:I've also spent a lot of money on my Custom Solid Oak Desk for the D8Bridge......I'm also not able to use it at this time......

When I bought this on Ebay I asked if I would be getting the upgrades and I was told...Yes You Will....

I hope this wasn't a waste of money?

I really liked it with Cubase 7 32bit

I'm using C7 64 now.....and it don't work...............

UPDATE 1-21-14.......IT WORKS IN C7.5 Win 64......
mixingmusic

Postby RustyNotes » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:21 pm

ah screw it, i'm not holding my breath anymore. Anybody wants to buy a D8B??
RustyNotes

Postby mixingmusic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:54 am

RustyNotes wrote:ah screw it, i'm not holding my breath anymore. Anybody wants to buy a D8B??

Setup win 8.1 like this and it will work Rusty

Loopmidi 1 Loopmidi 2

Loopmidi 3 Loopmidi 4

Loopmidi 5 Loopmidi 6

Mackie Control

Mackie Control 2

Mackie Control 3
mixingmusic

Postby RustyNotes » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:43 am

Nope. That's not the problem for me. The problem is the com port. My pc doesn't recognise the d8b.
RustyNotes

Postby mixingmusic » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi Rusty,

I quit asking Marc for help...... He don't much give a shit once he gets your money......

MARC.......... You have my Skype if you would like to call me....I'm betting you won't.......................

You have my Email we've gone back and forth..........I'm also betting you won't email me....................

I paid $350.00 plus shipping for an unfinished product that I had to figure out with no help from you!

Mine works pretty good in C7 64 bit...But it has a lot of BUGS....But I use it everyday!

I had the same USB problem with win 7 64 bit...

I searched the internet for many different prolific USB software programs until I finally found one that would work....

No help from anybody!

Search the internet there are a few different ones out there that might work for you...

You also have to reset loopMIDI every time you boot your computer if you are going to mix using Cubase7.5 64 bit ..
I'm guessing because it's a 32 bit program in 64 bit.....Again, I had to find out for myself......
I didn't have to do this in win7 32 bit....

Don't give up on D8Bridge 1.1 like Marc has.....I like it and I'm looking forward to the new one...But I think he should
work out the one we bought before he goes looking for new Guinea Pigs!

1.1 works pretty good........You just have to figure it out your investment for yourself....... :D
mixingmusic

Postby Red Carpet » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:01 am

i first had a usb to midi cable
i can tell u it sucks big time i bought another one it worked great but then i saw my motherborad had comports
but no com plugs
i placed a com port in my pc my motherboard still supports it in windows hackentosh mode does not know com port but problem still waiting for 2.0 but is allright
Red Carpet

Postby bitSync » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:08 pm

RustyNotes wrote:Nope. That's not the problem for me. The problem is the com port. My pc doesn't recognise the d8b.

Rusty,

I'm not sure what OS you're using, but one of my early problems was that the D8Bridge v1.1 software was not seeing the new COM port that should have been instantiated by the OS when the USB-to-serial converter cable was installed (a cheap no-name converter cable I picked up at the local computer supply). I'm using Win7 x64. As it turns out, not all USB-to-serial converters are created equal; some don't work properly with Win7 and Win8, something to do with the chipset in the USB-to-serial converter. When I purchased a replacement USB-to-serial coverter cable (the model is shown in my signature block) I chose one that was guaranteed to be compatible with Win7. Once I installed the Win7-compliant USB-to-serial converter cable the D8Bridge v1.1 software was able to find and use the new COM port automatically created by the OS. One major obstacle resolved. The cable was pretty inexpensive. Perhaps this info will be of some use to you? Good luck.

Some info about the USB-to-serial cable -

http://www.usconverters.com/usb-rs232-adapter-xs8801
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to D8Bridge Forum