Change font size   Print view

TT24 Software compatible with Win7/8??

Discussion board for the TT24 users and sound reinforcement

TT24 Software compatible with Win7/8??

Postby The Saxplayer » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Hey Guys,

it's been a while. Good to know some of the familiar faces are still active here.

Does anybody know if the TT24 control software is compatible with one of the never versions of Windows like Win7 or 8?
I am planning to get a new shuttle PC for other applications as well and XP is no longer available unless I use an older licence floating around.

Thanks

Georges Majerus
aka The Saxplayer :D
The Saxplayer

Re: TT24 Software compatible with Win7/8??

Postby jeff92k7 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:23 pm

It is not compatible. I have heard rumors (mainly the old forum that Mackie deleted...thanks Mackie!!! :roll: ) that some people were able to get TT control to work and recognize the console on early versions of Windows 7, but with the loss of that old forum, I can't point to any details about that.

Officially, it is only compatible with Windows XP.

The issue is less about the software as it is about the hardware drivers. There are two drivers that are required to work, and neither were written to work on Windows 7. There is a USB to serial driver that has to be installed to communicate with the USB to serial adapter inside the TT24. Second is the TT24 serial communications driver itself.
Freelance system designer/installer
jeff92k7

Postby dana gall » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:08 pm

I run virtual win XP within win7 64pro. It is not hard to do. You have to have the right processor to do it. Google how to do a virtual machine and you can do it. I have had it this way since 7 came out.
dana gall

Postby The Saxplayer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:45 am

Thanks a lot guys! That's valuable Info.
Seems like there are still a few choices left. I would honestly prefer to set up a machine with the original vintage XPpro SP3 system. I think it is still one of the most stable OS's out there.
However the IT stores won't setup a machine like that anymore. At least the one I spoke to. Go figure....

Evil Bay might be a choice as well. Haha

Cheers

Georges
The Saxplayer

Return to TT24 and sound reinforcement