Change font size   Print view

HDR Internal Drive not detected

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HDR Internal Drive not detected

Postby machmike » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:01 am

I need to get my OS to load. I need to recover the files on my internal drive. Help.

I've just purchased a computer to export my files to, but the HDR internal drive seems to be dead. How can I recover the data on that drive?
machmike

Re: HDR Internal Drive not detected

Postby machmike » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:28 am

What was the Internal Drive was it an IBM 20GB? I'm going to look for parts on the interwebs.
machmike

Postby doktor1360 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:19 pm

machmike wrote:I need to get my OS to load. I need to recover the files on my internal drive. Help.

I've just purchased a computer to export my files to, but the HDR internal drive seems to be dead. How can I recover the data on that drive?

Get a USB drive interface adapter for whatever is being used (IDE hard disk, SSD, CF card etal), plug it into a USB slot on your purchased computer, connect the drive to the adapter (it should mount on to the computers OS automagically), open it a file manager and have at it...

To answer your question on the subsequent post, yes, the original media was a 20GB HDD - there were a few 'approved' brands upon the original release (circa late '90s), but anything up to 32GB will suffice...

Post back if you have questions and/or issues...

[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your actual mileage may vary..."
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby machmike » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:34 am

Unless I'm having a HD board issue is my guess. I have a feeling this is a hardware failure on the drive's end.

I'm asking abut brand specific because if I have hardware failure on the drive, I want to switch physical components.
machmike

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders