Change font size   Print view

HDR stuck on "Mackie HDR 1.4 Audio Engine Started" Screen

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HDR stuck on "Mackie HDR 1.4 Audio Engine Started" Screen

Postby zachattakk » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:00 am

Hey there,

My HDR is booting up all the way until the display reads "Mackie HDR 1.4 audio engine started." It seems to be stuck here. I can't arm tracks or press play/record or anything....has anyone seen this? The VGA monitor attached is stuck on the blue HDR logo screen.

I noticed a flashing red light inside the machine on the plant brain/controller board pcb (the card right next to the internal HDD)...it's the very bottom red LED flashing...it says "D1" next to it.

Thanks so much for your help!
zachattakk

Re: HDR stuck on "Mackie HDR 1.4 Audio Engine Started" Scree

Postby Y-my-R » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:09 pm

Didn't see this any sooner, sorry. I don't look in the HDR/MDR section much, since I rarely use mine.

If the battery went out, or the BIOS settings somehow got changed, that could cause all kinds of problems including what you're describing.

Did you check that your BIOS settings match what's described, here?
https://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/files/hdr_and_d8B_new_mb_bios.pdf

If that doesn't fix it, you might have to reinstall the OS. (I'd try pulling out all the I/O cards and starting without them for a test before that... just in case one of those cards has an issue. Also, make sure the firmware chip on any DIO8 cards you may be using matches - ideally v2.1. Otherwise you might get bit-depth issues (16-bit only) or other odd misbehavior).

As for your other question... I'm not aware that the HDR would allow you to route it's tracks to different outputs. AFAIK, it's a 1:1 mapping for all the channels from 1-24. I think the idea was that an HDR would be used with something like a Mackie D8B and you'd be re-routing the signal on the D8B side.
...but quite honestly, I'm not sure if there's another way to re-route within the HDR. Never noticed that, but I never needed it, so I wasn't looking (and am not where my HDR is right now).

Best of luck!
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: HDR stuck on "Mackie HDR 1.4 Audio Engine Started" Scree

Postby zachattakk » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:20 am

No worries at all! I really appreciate your help @Y-my-R!

I actually got it to fully boot a few days back. I changed the battery, reset the BIOS, and reseated all cards and ribbon cables. The red LED's are still blinking on the brain card and sync cards, but everything seems to be working fine. I'll check another unit to see if those lights are blinking.

Regarding the OPT8 question: Big thanks to Mike (@Old School) for giving me an idea of how to transfer tracks using only the 3rd OPT8 card (channels 17-24)...copy paste channels 1-8 to 17-24...transfer via OPT....delete and copy paste channels 9-16 to 17-24 and transfer. Why didn't I think of that? lol

Thanks again for the help!
-Zach
zachattakk

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders