Change font size   Print view

Mike Rivers Last HDR book

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Mike Rivers Last HDR book

Postby suaspont » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:48 pm

A few years ago, I purchased a PDF of Mike Rivers book, printed it out, discovered that it was only marginally useful for my SDR, put it away, and promptly lost it. The computer that contained the PDF died and all of the data was lost. In the meantime, I purchased a new to me HDR and would like to have the book.

It now appears that Mike Rivers is no longer providing access to the document. While I would gladly pay him another $20 for access to the PDF, that does not seem to be possible. I'm thinking that there may be someone out there who has a legitime copy they no longer need and would be willing to sell it to me. I don't want to circumvent his intellectual property rights, so it would have to be a hard copy that would otherwise not be used.

I'm thinking this is a fool's errand, but hope lives on.

Bruce
suaspont

Re: Mike Rivers Last HDR book

Postby Bruce Graham » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:12 pm

Hi Bruce;
I am sad to report that Mike passed away early this year. Cancer got him and it has sadened most everyoner here in this forum and the other forums Mike belonged to.
He was a valuable resource, mentor and friend to many of us and his loss has be been heavy for his family.
What has happened to his handy work "The Last HDR Manual" at Cafe Press, is unknown to me.
Good luck with your search for a paper copy. You can always ask your questions here in this forum.

Cheers
Bruce, from Canada
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:04 pm

Hi All,
I would like the advice of this forum on what to do about the need for this handbook. I have researched Mike Rivers and found that he left no surviving family. I have a digital pdf of Mike's book " The Last Mackie Hard Drive Manual", which He was kind enough to send me when I lost my paper copy. If you guys think it's ok to share this, then I will.

Have a blessed day,
Mike
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:28 pm

Old School wrote:Hi All,
I would like the advice of this forum on what to do about the need for this handbook. I have researched Mike Rivers and found that he left no surviving family. I have a digital pdf of Mike's book " The Last Mackie Hard Drive Manual", which He was kind enough to send me when I lost my paper copy. If you guys think it's ok to share this, then I will.

Have a blessed day,
Mike

You're not making any profits, Mike, so you're not actually selling it or violating anything from that respect. I was thinking the same thing, but it seems I've either misplaced or lost (in a move) my physical bound copy. I purchased it back in 2013, I looked at the email receipt just a coupla days ago, and I'm kinda ticked I cannot find the actual book...

Just one mans opinion...

If you do make it available, I'd personally be interested... for good reason.

Thanx in advance...
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby suaspont » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:44 pm

I agree and I am in the same boat, having lost my printed copy. I actually sent Mike $20 by PayPal for a new .pdf copy, before I learned that he had passed. I have no idea where the money went.
suaspont

Postby Old School » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:22 pm

Hi Guys,

OK here is the link for the manual, its good for 7 days. https://we.tl/t-qYgCxfmvAY

Have a blessed day,
Mike
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:15 am

Old School wrote:Hi Guys,

OK here is the link for the manual, its good for 7 days. https://we.tl/t-qYgCxfmvAY

Have a blessed day,
Mike

That link just redirects to the WeTransfer homepage Mike... not the actual document download. Just thought you'd like to know...
--
Dok

doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:19 am

suaspont wrote:I agree and I am in the same boat, having lost my printed copy. I actually sent Mike $20 by PayPal for a new .pdf copy, before I learned that he had passed. I have no idea where the money went.

Request a stop payment/refund request from your financial provider. I've done this on many occasions in the past for different things...

Of course, you know... "Your actual mileage may vary..."
--
Dok

doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:40 am

Hi.
Never had this problem before, Try pasting this into your browser, https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8cb8bf ... 613/facf69

Have a blessed day.
Mike
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:38 am

Old School wrote:Hi.
Never had this problem before, Try pasting this into your browser, https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8cb8bf ... 613/facf69

Have a blessed day.
Mike

Still resolving incorrectly... not big deal, I can live without it...
--
Dok

doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders