Change font size   Print view

Remote 24 problem

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Re: Remote 24 problem

Postby John T » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:00 am

Well, long time, but I said I'd reply, so here it is.

Finally got this working last night. Nothing at all wrong with the remote. I had the internal ribbon cable on the HDR for the COM1 port coming off the internal remote board plugged in to the motherboard one pin to the left. And yes, I did only find that with a magnifying glass.
John T

Re: Remote 24 problem

Postby doktor1360 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:16 pm

John T wrote:Well, long time, but I said I'd reply, so here it is.

Finally got this working last night. Nothing at all wrong with the remote. I had the internal ribbon cable on the HDR for the COM1 port coming off the internal remote board plugged in to the motherboard one pin to the left. And yes, I did only find that with a magnifying glass.

Hey John...

Well played... it's the EXACT same issue I had, I should have been more careful on the re-assembly... and SO easy to do and then overlook. IIRC, I completely reversed the whole process until that 'discovery' of my own... from the Remote 24 back to the HDR (and the subsequent re-assembly process).

All in all, again, well played... and after review, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it was a personal education for myself regarding a section of the HDR hardware that would most likely be rarely (if ever) needing review/repair... a real 'adventure'... (LOL)

Super stuff, man...

\m/ ;)
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders