Change font size   Print view

MDR 24/96 Motherboard Replacement

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Re: MDR 24/96 Motherboard Replacement

Postby Old School » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:28 am

Hooray!!!
I'm so glad you got it working. I'm also pleased to know that there are others who realize how great a piece of hardware the D8B really is, totally flexible routing, practically no latency when used with Adat lightpipe and the HDR (I measured it at .4 milliseconds). Very commendable your determination to stick with it and the intelligence to follow your gut. Great work.

Have a blessed day,
Mike
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:08 pm

That's f'n awesome, Aaron!

I find it interesting that it completely agrees with what I posted earlier in this thread - my money is that it ultimately was the onboard ide disk controller going tits up. It's usually the one of the 1st things that will fail on a motherboard. It's essentially not repairable by mere mortals either. Hell, they're a bear to troubleshoot as you've just experienced, easier to just replace the motherboard as you've done... :D

But that is TOO KEWL tho that you stayed with it and worked it all out... pragmatic persistence...

IMHO, you will not regret your efforts...

\m/
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby juanbanzai » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:39 am

Thanks for the kind words, Gents.

Equally exciting is that I can now (hopefully) get 12 removeable drives worth of productions and work files off the HDR and onto a safer storage method. Some of these recordings are interviews with Classical music conductors who are no longer alive... plus live recordings of several orchestras and chamber groups. There may also be some live recordings of a guitar festival we had here in town back in 2003.

Amazon is expected to deliver the CF drives tomorrow so I'll be doing that mod over the weekend. Hopefully there won't be any snags!

Aaron
juanbanzai

Previous

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders