Change font size   Print view

What BIOS version for HDR is the upgraded V?

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

What BIOS version for HDR is the upgraded V?

Postby machmike » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:15 am

I cannot remember for the life of me if I upgraded my BIOS. Its been years, I remember buying an EPROM but I cannot remember if it was for my ADAT XT20s or my HDR back in the day.

My OS version is 1.4
BIOS on Boot shows 4.51

Thanks in advance

Mike
machmike

Re: What BIOS version for HDR is the upgraded V?

Postby Y-my-R » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi machmike,

I just checked mine, and get the same BIOS version as you, "v4.51PG" - and I got a new BIOS chip from Gary Stone in mid-2018, so I can install larger harddrives in mine. It's got a sticker on it, that says something like "HDR BIOS" (didn't open the unit, but I remember talking to Gary about that).

So, I think you should have the large-drive BIOS, already (unless the regular and large-drive BIOS somehow shows the same version number?!?). I don't recall what the old chip said for the version on bootup.

I did remember where I put the chip that I pulled out, though, and it says this on the sticker - so, everything below is about the OLD chip (small drives) - just for comparison purposes:

AWARD ©1998
PCI/PNP 686

There's some more text that is covered up by the sticker, that looks something like this:

Winb...
W29C020...
008WI29527...

Interestingly, my OS showed version 1.3. I wasn't even aware I had an outdated version on it. I'll have to look into what 1.4 was improving/fixing, before I decide if I need to upgrade.

Anyway... from all I can tell, you should be good and up to date, with the chip/OS you have on your HDR :)
Cheers!
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders