Change font size   Print view

HD Down

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HD Down

Postby Phil.c » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:04 am

When I boot up, the OS loads as normal except at the end when the HDR logo shows and then the tracks, the screen goes black, there's a HARD DRIVE H... message on the LED screen, so, I guess the Hard Drive's had it?

I think it's possible to retreave the projects with one of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDD-Docking- ... SwdwRc8NWX
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: HD Down

Postby Jondav1120 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi Phil,

The internal drive can't be completely dead if it loads the OS. I presume that it is either loading the last used project or the default project (can't remember what the boot up behavior is without booting one of mine), is the project on the internal drive or the external? My guess would be a corrupt file somewhere within the OS or the project that it is trying to open.....might be worth trying a reload of the OS. Whichever drive it is, it looks as though that adaptor should do the job of extracting the files from the disk providing the files themselves are not corrupt and the hard drive lasts long enough!

Regards

John
Jondav1120

Postby Phil.c » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:47 am

No John, it's not completely dead as it loads the OS until at the end when the track page should show, instead at this point the screen goes black, but I'll try loading the OS again.

BTW I can't load anything from an external because of the black screen and the project is on the main drive.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 pm

I've tried re-loading the OS four times, it goes to disc 2 and "Do you want to load OS 1.4" after that a few seconds of "Expanding Files" then all stop with "helv11. fnt".

I've tried copying another floppy Disc 2 from my old pc without success, so I don't know if it's the disc that's at fault or the HD?
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:18 pm

The good news is, I've recovered the lost files to my Mac, so hundreds of hours of work are back :D
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders