Change font size   Print view

HDR down

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HDR down

Postby Phil.c » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:57 pm

I the middle of a mix, the power supply cut for a fraction of a second, then my d8b started to reboot but not the HDR, dead!

I guess it's the power supply or maybe a fuse? Wired up a spare but not had chance to take the lid off yet.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: HDR down

Postby bassman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:47 am

Oh man, that sucks. Hope you didn't lose any data?

Only Computer DAWs for me, so much easier to swap to a spare, oh and fine editing too!
bassman

Postby Phil.c » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:07 am

The spare was allready in the rack so it was just a cable swap, actually I like the track editing with the HDR's, it's very good and does what I need :D
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 am

Just took the lid off, re-seated the power connectors and everything is up and running, I'll need to let it soak for a while to check it out.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Mike Rivers » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:49 pm

For future reference - The old "unplug it from the wall outlet for a few minutes" trick actually works sometimes, and in the case of the HDR/d8b, there's a rational explanation.

In order for the soft, or "remote" power switch (which is connected to the motherboard) to work, there needs to be a voltage supplied to it so that when you press the Power button, it tells the power supply to turn on. A brief power line interruption can cause this turn-on circuit to hang. By unplugging the power supply for a couple of minutes to allow capacitors to discharge, most of the time, this will clear what's hanging up the turn-on circuit.
--
Understanding storage technology is not difficult. It is an ongoing process whereby larger and larger amounts of information can be lost by smaller and smaller mishaps.
Mike Rivers
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks Mike.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders