Change font size   Print view

HDR image Needed - no floppy

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HDR image Needed - no floppy

Postby lnegro » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Hello

The floppy on my HDR finally went And I need to replace the 1.4 OS on the compact flash drive. I thought the database had images but it looks like just the floppy files. I tried to create an image from the downloaded files but I guess I’m just nott that bright.....ha.......cause I can’t get it to work. Can someone point me to where I can download the image for 1.4 thank you

Larry

D8b, HDR, MDR, Studio One 3.5 pro, Win 10
lnegro

Re: HDR image Needed - no floppy

Postby lnegro » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:51 am

Hello

Floppy pulled a Lazarus on me and is working. 1.4 is installed and working....... all is well. Thank you

Larry
lnegro

Postby arjepsen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Otherwise, I've made a walkthrough for the CF card images I made.
You can find it in the databse.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: HDR image Needed - Floppy died...AGAIN

Postby lnegro » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:14 pm

Is there an actual "image" for the HDR out there somewhere. My Floppy died again and I can't make the original 1.4 OS floppies on a PC because the files are too large (by just a little) to fit on blank floppies on a PC floppy drive......or is there a way to extend the capacity of a blank floppy enough to fit the 1.4 files? Thanks for the help

Larry

d8b - HDR - MDR - Studio One Pro - Windows 10
lnegro

Postby funk » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi Larry, are you saying the floppy wont work because the files are too large ? just to be sure, if you drive is working at all they should fit, are you using the Winimage self extractor that comes with the files, have you tried that ? and made sure the disks are blank fresh formatted,
Last edited by funk on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
"Funk is what you dont play"........GREAT.....im off to the pub then,
funk

Postby arjepsen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Inegro: Yes, I made an image of both the d8b and HDR. You can find the walkthrough in the database.
I made it for use with my CF cards, but there's no reason you can use the same walkthrough and image with other media, like the old hard drive.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks Funk and Anders.

I did find your image Anders and got past that. On another not, Have either of you been able to get an SSD to work in and HDR or MDR? I have a 120gb SSD and the requisite IDE to SATA adapter in a carrier and can't get it to work (or be recognized) by either recorder. The MDR has the large BIOS chip, and I'm not sure about the HDR......which I bought recently..... (does the large drive chip show up in the BIOS)? Thanks both for your help

Larry
lnegro

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 am

Inegro;

I am using 32GB SSD's in my HDR with minor issue. The issue seems to be with the adaptor. One I have works no problem, another type doesn't always recognised the drive in "Project Manager" in the HDR. I generally get it to work.

I have no issue with recording and playback speeds.

You need to format and verify the drive before it can be used for recording.

A question I have, to cover the obvious is, do you have the BIOS for larger drives? The BIOS shipped with the HDR will on'y recognise drives up to 32GB.

Hope this helps.

Chers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:01 am

Thanks Bruce. The mdr has the large drive chip. Not sure about the hdr, but I am ready to try a smaller drive and a different adapter. Btw CFs are recognized but even though their speed is 1066x they still won’t verify other than for “backup”. Thanks again

Larry
lnegro

Postby arjepsen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:07 am

On my HDR I´m using Sandisk Extreme 128gb CF cards with no problem.
However, if I attach the CF-IDE adapter inside the hd tray, then it wont veriify. The adapter has to be attached straight to the motherboard - then they will verify for me.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders