Change font size   Print view

HDR image Needed - no floppy

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Re: HDR image Needed - no floppy

Postby lnegro » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Anders

Tried the HDR image on a CF but the system still crashes when attempting a verify. Its wierd because I can still read the card through the GUI so it's recognized.......just doesn't like the verify action. Oh, and this is all with the adapter/card in the drive carrier, though I did try it directly connected the the mobo with the same results. Lately it won't even attempt the verify.....used to be able to verify and not pass, so not sure what changed in the last few days. Thanks again. If anything new happens I will report back.

Larry
lnegro

Postby arjepsen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:32 pm

wait - did you try to write the image to the CF card as per the walkthrough in the database, and use it as the primary drive?
Or only as a secondary drive?
And no, I don't think it will verify if you use the adapter inside the drive carrier - I tried, and it wouldn't verify.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:41 am

It writes the HDR image fine, and operates as the primary OS drive. But afik you cant verify the primary drive.......BUT Wait..... With the CF in the OS slot and no other external drive, I hooked up a couple of test inputs to the HDR and it recorded! Didn't ask to verify etc.

So I'm guessing that the external CF drive issue may have to do with the setting as a secondary master drive in BIOS (even though that's what it is supposed to be set as). Going to try later on to play around with the drive settings and will report back. Thanks again

Larry
lnegro

Postby arjepsen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:22 pm

yeah, that was my point - if it boots fine, then the primary drive can usually be used for recording (afaik).
I think mine is just set as auto in the bios, but you might try to change something in that first menu.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Tried it......nothing works but primary master AUTO and secondary Master AUTO, even with secondary drive connected directly to mobo. Drive is always recognized but continues to crash as soon as you attempt a verify.

I've only tried with these two CFs and adapter. Waiting for new parts to come in and try. I'm determined to figure this out Thanks again Anders

Larry
lnegro

Postby lnegro » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm

By the way....the CF that I use for the OS in the HDR is a speed of 25mb/s, and doesn't even ask to verify.....and it recorded. The CFs I'm attempting to get to work as a secondary drive are 120mb/s and 160mb/s.......so much for verifying that they are fast enough.

Larry
lnegro

Postby arjepsen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Without really knowing, I suspect that not all CF cards are equal in quality and durability.
You trouble might be either the adapter, or the cards themselves.
Have you tried all cards as primary?
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Yes, both the 120mb.s and the 160mb/s work as primary drives with the OS on them and will record without verifying. I'm waiting for some new adapters as this might be the failure point. In the meantime I tried some SD cards in a CF adapter using them as the OS primary drive and they do not work (though the CF adapter is recognized) but I suspect that this might be the bios translations going on with the SD card itself. Though I have got an SD card/CF adapter to work in the past.......just not now.

Larry
lnegro

Postby arjepsen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:04 pm

ok. Just for information, I think mine is similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-P ... cf+adapter

I also have this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-3 ... cf+adapter

Both works fine for me, both as primary and secondary, when attached directly to the motherboard.
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders