Change font size   Print view

HDR - Won't Sync to Apogee Big Ben

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HDR - Won't Sync to Apogee Big Ben

Postby rmrosa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Hello I came late to this party but I just bought a 90€ used Mackie HDR and I am having some difficulties to get it Sync as word clock slave machine.
I connected yesterday to my setup and at the first glance everything works fine, although the front panel only 70% of the times wakes up on boot time.
I am unable to get the vari and clock light in the front panel to stay on. It seems my HDR is unable to get the Big Ben word clock signal. Clock led blinks and vari goes off after 1-2 seconds.
The other way around, the HDR as master word clock signal gets to the Big Ben and it syncs the old Ben. I also have a Rosetta that is able to slave to the HDR adat, but I would pretty much prefer to get the HDR to be a slave to the Big Ben. I am thinking may be a faulty pci sync card? I already removed it and checked the ribbon cables from the card side but the clock led is still blinking in the front panel when I choose Word Clock Bnc. :(

Looking at the HDR Service Manual (page 20) I am considering checking from U3, U10 to the BNC jack.
Anyone with a similar problem?
Help would be much appreciated!
Regards
RR
rmrosa

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders