Change font size   Print view

MDR Error 43...possible to fix without VGA and Keyboard?

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

MDR Error 43...possible to fix without VGA and Keyboard?

Postby doghouse » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi, i got a MDR and its shows the error 43. Dont no nothing about version or anything else.
I replaced the battery but i found no way to reset the cosm. Is it possible to get it working again without
a graphic card and connected keyboard? Where the heck shall one connect a keyboard? Is there a connection on the mainboard already?
Every help would be highly appreciated. I am in south Germany and consider to sell the machine (3 Adat Cards installed)........
doghouse
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: MDR Error 43...possible to fix without VGA and Keyboard?

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:31 am

Hey Dog House;

Yes the MDR can be modified to attached a keyboard and mouse. I am not sure if there is something about it in the DADTBASE at the top of the forum or not, or you could earch the forum as well. The best way is to get Mike River's Book "The Last Mackie Hard Disk Recorder manual from him. Here is his email mm1100@yahoo.com.

He details all you need to know and explains the Error 43 message. It is a communication problem and cleaning and re-seating is the solution. Sometimes a software reinstall also helps.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: MDR Error 43...possible to fix without VGA and Keyboard?

Postby phantomrage » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

I fixed mine by pulling the motherboard out, putting in a standard agp card (for that time) then setting the bios. You have to use a video card from that era. Let me know if you need the model number of my video card. They are cheap on ebay.
phantomrage

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders