Change font size   Print view

Compact Flash card trouble

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

Compact Flash card trouble

Postby arjepsen » Thu May 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Hey.

I got the HDR with the bios upgrade from Eric Russ.
I also have a d8b that I installed a compact flash card in. That works great.
On peoples recommendation here, I went on to buy a ide to CF adapter, and a 128gb sandisk extreme card.
I've been able to install the HDR OS on the card, but unfortunately it seems the bios only recognizes it as a 33gb disk :(
I've been over the bios settings many times now, and they follow the guidelines.
Anyone have any idea how to make it recognize the whole disk size?????

One odd thing though - when I connect it to my pc, the partition on the card actually is 120gb.....
I wonder if the HDR is able to use the whole card, even if the bios posts it as only being 33gb???
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Compact Flash card trouble

Postby doktor1360 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:04 pm

arjepsen wrote:Hey.

I got the HDR with the bios upgrade from Eric Russ.
I also have a d8b that I installed a compact flash card in. That works great.
On peoples recommendation here, I went on to buy a ide to CF adapter, and a 128gb sandisk extreme card.
I've been able to install the HDR OS on the card, but unfortunately it seems the bios only recognizes it as a 33gb disk :(
I've been over the bios settings many times now, and they follow the guidelines.
Anyone have any idea how to make it recognize the whole disk size?????

One odd thing though - when I connect it to my pc, the partition on the card actually is 120gb.....
I wonder if the HDR is able to use the whole card, even if the bios posts it as only being 33gb???

Three VERY important steps to remember/consider :

• The upgrade procedure requires that you remove the motherboard battery and let the HDR sit overnight. Do this upgrade when you aren't using the HDR for a day.
  • As you need to remove the battery anyway, it's a fine time to replace it with a new one.
  • This upgrade is approved for use with HDR OS 1.4 and higher. Please upgrade the OS before upgrading the BIOS.

Follow these and check the BIOS info/message when it boots up - it's different than what's shipped with the OEM BIOS... :ugeek:

You knew it was coming, so here it is :
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your Actual Mileage May Vary..."

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders