Change font size   Print view

HDR connection.

Discussion board for the HDR/MDR/SDR hard disk recorders users.

HDR connection.

Postby Tgmusicman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:22 am

Quick question... Is it possible to boot the OS to run the D8B without having HDR connected? Got problems booting, and if this is the case then probably my problem. Don't think HDR is running correctly.
Tgmusicman

Re: HDR connection.

Postby Bruce Graham » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello Tgmusicman;

Yes you can disconnect the HDR and boot the d8b on it's own.

You can also boot the HDR independently from the d8b.

There are plenty of people here on this forum who are willing a very able to help you with your questions.

It is all about describing your setup up (what and how you have things connected) then asking your question(s).

You can also search this forum by typing in your request in the "Search" field.

Welcome to the Forum and good luck :D

Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Tgmusicman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 am

Ok thanks for the info. Can't get it to boot on anything but 5.1 and I don't have auth code so on to other causes lol
Tgmusicman

Postby Bruce Graham » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:31 am

Hi Tgmusicman;

The 5.1 code is a very sore spot these days. Getting a code through Mackie is a lost cause, so I suggest you install ver 5.0 if you haven't done so, or ver 3.0. You will need to change some of the settings in your CMOS if you use 3.0. I will try to find the settings and post them here. It may take a day or 2. You could try the Mackie website as all the settings are there, but as I remember there is one additional CMOS change to make. As I said I will get that info as soon as I locate it. It (ver 3.0) does install and work but you can't see that it is working without making this change.

You should, as this is a d8b problem, put it on the d8b tab of this forum as this is for the HDR/MDR/SDR. There are a lot of guys who have way more knowledge about the d8b then I have and they will help out as well.

Does your HDR boot up and work?

Hope this gives you some hope!

Later
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:39 am

Found it on the d8b tab. Here is what I needed to do to get vr3.0 to work properly.

Hope it helps.

Under the heading Outstanding Issues, and I quote " Sometimes a BOOT FAIL message shows up on the VGA monitor uopn re-powering the system after format/install has been implemented. We (Mackie) don't fully understand the cause of this but we do know how to fix it. There is one critical setting foind in the Bios that will affect this. The LBA setting needs to be turned "Off" if the messge appears. If you encounter the error then go into bios and perform an "Auto-Detect Hard Drive" and then proceed to the Standard CMOS Setting".

Continuing with quote
"1) 166 MHZ CPU: Curser over until you selected the ON/OFF setting under the LBA MOD|E column and switch it to "OFF".
2) 300 MHZ CPU: Set the MODE setting to "AUTO".
3) Save settings and the system will boot properly."

End of Quote
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Tgmusicman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Yeah I've tried all that with 3.0. For some reason when I power up it goes through the startup but stops just before OS should start, and I have yet to find a copy of 5.
Tgmusicman

Postby Bruce Graham » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Tgmusicman ;

Sorry what I sent didn't work.

You should move this thread over to the d8b forum as there may be answers from those guys.

Good luck.
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to HDR/MDR/SDR recorders