Change font size   Print view

version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: version 5.1 Authorisation issue

Postby Bruce Graham » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:49 am

Hi RD;

What I have is the Autho codes to make the plugins work. All work with a few exception and those are no loss due to quality of the processor.

If you down load the files Peter posted you will need to get them onto floppies for the install. Once loaded type in the antho codes for 5.1 and each of the plug-in (again I have that file as an Excel file I will send you), and away you go.

Follow Peter's link to see the details of the installation.

Once you have 5.1 running you will have HUI, 24 channels I believe. There is another product call Pro-Box. I do not use it but there is another Tab in this forum that covers that. It has something to do with HUI (I think). Others can help you there.

If you have the Disks for 3.0 you will lose nothing if this doesn't work for you. You can go back to 3.0, but, I do not believe you will have HUI.

Hope that helps and best of luck. This Hack has given new life to our d8b and we have Ralph to thank for that.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:41 am

I'm looking to do the upgrade myself soon.

Tho I need to clone the drive first incase I hose it up. I have a working 5.0 system now. Tho the plug ins somehow were deleted by the previous owner.
phantomrage

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Hey RD;

Service Pack 3 should take care of the Plug-in's (I believe).

I think you will like the enhancements you will get with 5.1.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Recording Drummer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Bruce, Thank you very much. I am away a few days. Once I get back and get my Pro Tools not to crash on a very powerful computer, go figure, I will start working on this. I will reach out to you for the Excel file. I'm glad I can always go back to 3.0 if it does not work. That was my main concern. As far as the Pro Box, Ralph and that crew are amazing. I do have a perfectly good 3.0 Mackie board and CPU. I hoped you guys got the hack going before I jumped into the Pro Box. Well you guys did, WOW! So before the hack the use of the board grew exponentially with the help of introducing an ADAT digital recorder so I was good for a while. However, DAWS is where I do all of my editing work and I also jumped from Reaper to Pro Tools which I found out needs 5.1 and of course you guys were right there for me:) If for some reason 5.1 does not work, I will jump to the Pro Box with 3.0 and be happy. Anyway I will be in touch. Thanks again! You guys are amazing!
Recording Drummer

Postby Eddos » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 pm

so many smart people on this planet.
I'm just a new owner of a d8b and i want it to work like a controller for my daw.
im looking forward to use this hack!

Thanks for sharing!
Eddos

Postby Recording Drummer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 am

Hi Bruce! Sorry It took me so long to get back. I have the 3.0 and the 5.1 disks already from Mackie directly. I think I am going to get the Pro Box too as a back up,
Recording Drummer

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:30 am

Hey RD;

PM me when you are ready and I'll send you the info.

You will need "The Crack" in order to make this all work.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum