Change font size   Print view

d8b midi sporadic

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b midi sporadic

Postby ryanjuk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Hey,

So a while back I hooked up my d8b to Reaper and mapped all the midi messages I wanted to the correct controls. I recently had to remap them as I'm using a new computer. I got them to work fine but with some weird glitches.

Randomly about 4/5minutes after setting them up and using the board to mix with, all the faders on the daw will set to the minimum volume level possible and the desk will not bring them back up. They just jump down to inf level. If I delete the actions I programmed in and then re-start programming them they then sometimes randomly start to work again. After that they will randomly set to inf again until I mess about with settings until something I does makes them work.

Does this sound like a buggered midi control card in the mackie desk or what?
ryanjuk

Re: d8b midi sporadic

Postby ryanjuk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Also I had all the pan pots working too. But as soon as they jumped down then the pan pots didnt work anymoe and I wasn't even able to reprogram them. It's worth noting that the faders in the daw dont just jump to inf if im not touching the faders on the desk. Only when I use the desk fader then it jumps down. But completely random as to how long it takes them to do that. Very odd.

I used miditest before setting all this up and the 64bit version would crash when I tried inputting anything. The 32bit version would say something about unexpected input 00
ryanjuk

Postby anyhorizon » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 pm

Do you mean you reprogrammed the d8b or just Reaper? If you reprogrammed the d8b, why? And if you did, you might have 2 commands set to the one function or some such, causing a conflict.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby ryanjuk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:32 am

No just Reaper. I'm not using HUI I'm just taking the midi output from the d8b and mapping them to actions within Reaper.

I'll try get a video of what happens at some point as it's very awkward to explain.
ryanjuk

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:26 am

Ok. What MIDI channel are you sending on to Reaper? (Not 16 I hope).

Peter
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ryanjuk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:34 am

Tried both channel 1 and 10
ryanjuk

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 am

Well, from a distance, I can't tell. if the d8b is being routed through a midi patcher and there is other stuff connected, then most keyboards etc default to channel 1 and drum machines default to channel 10. I used channel 11 when I was controlling Cubase with the d8b. Worked like a wheel. There are so many variables and I know nothing of Reaper. Hope you get it sorted.

Peter
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby ryanjuk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 am

I'll give 11 a try then. I'm simply using the d8b and reaper and that's all. I'll get a video as it is very hard to explain.
ryanjuk

Return to d8b Forum