Change font size   Print view

Old Mackie Forum

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Old Mackie Forum

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 am

Wow. Our old forum over at Mackie has really hit the skids. It's totally out of control now. I wonder how long Mackie will be around now, for if they don't mend their public face, any prospective client is gonna say "I think not". It's a shame.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Re: Old Mackie Forum

Postby garrett21allen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 am

Hi peter

I seen this yesterday and yes it is a shame. I had to look twice. I
thought I was seeing it wrong. but thay don't care anymore about us older fokes

joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 pm

My daily routine is to go there and see if there is anything worth getting into and then coming over here for some sanity. It has seems to be over run with spam and other oddities. I keep hoping that it will be pruned but it sure seems rather abandoned these days.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:32 am

I'm glad I am not the only one to notice things. I was beginning to think it was my connection or something when I started to see re-run of posts from years ago, BUT then I looked more carefully at names of the posters and I soon realised the sad truth.

Peter, Something you might be interested in, with the closure of Billy Hydes and Allens, the Mackie agent also went down (actually it was the agent who took out the other two!!!) with the result that no Mackie products (apart from some small low end stock that might have been in other shops/distributors) are currently available here, BUT I have heard that there is a possibility that The Guitar Center (USA) could be looking at picking up the pieces or opening here.

I believe that Mackie/Loud had signed with another distributor, but when they got wind of the GC plan, they apparently broke the contract ---- some sort of legal action could currently be in the pipe-line re this.

If it is correct that the GC thing could eventuate, things could become quite interesting with some of our greatly overpriced retailers!!!!!!! We will just have to watch this space!!!!!!!!

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 am

csp wrote:We will just have to watch this space!!!!!!!!

Which space?

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Return to d8b Forum