Change font size   Print view

AMIBIOS 1.17 RAM Upgrade

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

AMIBIOS 1.17 RAM Upgrade

Postby RobCull » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:53 am

Help

I've been a numpty and upgraded to V5.1 successfully (ish) but I get the message "You need 32Mb of Ram"

I bought on ebay 2 x 128Mb PC100 SDRAM sticks and bunged them and did as the instructions said in the (Old Motherboard) Amibios 1.17 and "checked the Hard Discs" but it just wont find the new RaM?

It's the second lot of RaM I've now tried.

should I:
a) JUst try a third lot of 128's
b) Perhaps try 64 Mb sticks?
c) Put 16MB into the spare SIMM slots?
d) Just try harder

Just wondered how awkward (if at all) it should be to put two sticks of RAM into two DIMM slots? - Yes they're in the correct way as they'll only fit one way.

any advice would be gratefully received

thanks
Rob
RobCull

Re: AMIBIOS 1.17 RAM Upgrade

Postby anyhorizon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:31 am

Are you confident the RAM is OK. Also, are they fully seated. It requires a lot of pressure to insert them in the mobo slots for them to be home.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby RobCull » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Peter

Thanks for the quick reply.

hmmm... I've bought the RAM from a reputable tested source. I think I will try reseating it again as although the clips, clip on, there's something nagging me now you've made your comment as it just doesn't "feel" right. It seems in place perhaps but the clips require a bit of push and pull to clip on....

I'll be back
Thanks again
RobCull

Postby Dutchmountain » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Rob,

I recently upgraded to 32 Mb on my Old MB and had also some trouble getting it in. I finally succeeded by putting the stick in at a slightly angle before it finally snapped in. Your right, you should "feel.." that it snaps in correctly. Also the clips on the side should lock the stick by themselfs. No need to force the clips into place. Hope this helps a bit.

P.s make sure that you are always grounded so that static energy can't damage the stick...but you probably know ;-)
Hans
Dutchmountain

Return to d8b Forum