Change font size   Print view

Faders 9-16 locking down

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Faders 9-16 locking down

Postby John Taylor » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi all,
My D8B has faders 9-16 sticking at inf until I force them up to full. This seems to release them until I either try to move them with the mouse on the GUI or change the bank select. Doing this locks them down unusually fast to inf again. There also seems to be heat coming from them when left locked down for a while. Any ideas guys?

John
John Taylor

Re: Faders 9-16 locking down

Postby Dreamsequence » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:42 am

John:

Check my thread from a few weeks back re: fader problems identical to this. The often cited correction is to reseat the ribbon connector to the fader PCB, although that did not work in my case. The only fix was to replace the affected fader PCB; I was fortunate to find a source of refurbished boards. From what I can tell, there is a latching IC that does not release the fader motors at infinity. The heat you are describing is likely from the +5vdc regulator on the board, which does not have a heatsink (but seems it could benefit from one).

Check eBay for boards; Mackenziejoyous has refurbs available. I had to replace (2), because both calibrated low (comparator circuit fault), and one had the same lock-up problem that you describe.

Pat
Dreamsequence

Postby John Taylor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 am

Hi Pat
Thanks for the reply. Its definitely the fader PCB as I swapped it round with 1-8. I'll see if I can find a replacement.
Is there anyway to repair the boards?

John
John Taylor

Postby Dreamsequence » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Contact Mackenziejoyous. He has a talented tech available.
Dreamsequence

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 am

There's a thread in here that describes the replacement of ICs on the fader board that solved a similar problem. I thought it was added to the database but I can't find it in there. Do a bit of poking around and I'm sure you'll find it.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Return to d8b Forum