Change font size   Print view

D8b HUI layer as an mcu

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

D8b HUI layer as an mcu

Postby Guido » Mon May 07, 2012 2:10 am

Updated May 11 2012..see below...
Also i apologize for not including this earlier..until i finish the VFD display conversion, u need a MCU display emulator..MIDI TOoLS here....

http://home.kpn.nl/f2hmjvandenberg281/ many thanks to mountain utilities for this wonderfully useful utility . I am looking into a mac equiv..although it is mentioned on the Mountain site how to run it under mac.

Hi,

I love my d8b and i would like to use it as an mcu........

.............I cant? Now i can! U need bomes midi translator pro... Here is a screenie of the preset.

Left to do is the VFD, the meters and TC display and a few buttons.

BTW..This is not like the d8b bridge.Which is 3 mcus!! this is just using the HUI layer in 5.1 and converting all the midi messages to mcu. It only does 8 faders..and well u know the drill! But when its done i hope to have an mcu.

Guido
Attachments
D8bbomes2png.png
D8bbomes2png.png (Array KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Last edited by Guido on Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guido

Re: D8b HUI layer as an mcu

Postby Petersueco » Mon May 07, 2012 2:18 am

Could you please elaborate?
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: D8b HUI layer as an mcu

Postby Guido » Mon May 07, 2012 6:51 am

I would be as pleased as punch! Dam am i happy. Ok...I took every message the hui layer of the d8b puts out/recieves. and converted it to mcp..mackie control protocol..which is what ppl usually call mcu.
I did the conversion using bomes midi translator pro. I still have to do the Sys ex code conversion for the displays..the vfd and the 7 segment TC display

On the d8b/ I mapped the buttons as close to a mcu as i could..it will help if u have photo of a mcu to go by. I will have much more documentation..what buttons.. a chart..but everything works now cept dispalys. and the bank switches need to be reversed..and the Vpots and jog are reversed.not a big deal to get em right just alil more time.

i have been trying to get my d8b to work with Reaper since i jumped ship on logic in 2007. i finaly found the hui docs reading a post here in the new d8b forum,and then things took off! Thank u for having such a great resource for this board. i got mine new with V2 ! and u guys are the reason it still works. thank you!

And now...here is the bomes preset..u can dl the demo of bomes and see if u like..i mean if u have a need for a ..mcu spittin d8b^^ ....

----------------------------------
EDIT--New version with all MCU buttons mapped..vpots and jog wheel fised......

Until i get a graphic put together on the button mappings, you can use the names of the translators in the preset HUI to MCU..The first name {b4 the slash} is the button on the d8b..the name after the slash is the name of the button its mapped to on the mcu.

Left to do is the VFD display { for now im using an mcu display emulator}, fix the meters and the TCode display. At that point it would be a one to one conversion! Well except for the mcu's Master fader. the mcu has 9 faders.

INSTALLATION NOTES..DL the demo of bomes midi translator pro..install.. load my bomes project and set the midi ins and out to your system. Then treat the d8b's hui layer as one would an mcu.

Also if anyone has cubase could they try this? I didint put in a Universal Device Inquiry response because my daw doesnt send it and I have no idea what the mcu's responce would be. I dont know if Cubase needs to see a response.

Any feedback welcome^^
----------------------------------

guido
Attachments
D8b-Hui-MCUConvertorV2.zip
(Array KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Guido

Return to d8b Forum