Change font size   Print view

I Need Your Help! Please!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

I Need Your Help! Please!

Postby Freqabeat » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Ok, so now I have a huge problem, I removed the video card and ram to clean out the dimm slots on the motherboard and replaced the CMOS battery due to getting multiple fatal video errors. Then all of a sudden the GUI would not boot, just the board.

I completely disassembled the computer including all the power supplies, checked all the fuses and all and reconnected one by one. System finally booted back up. I went in and reconfigured the BIOS according to the settings for the Amibios settings and proceeded to reboot the system. Now every time I boot the system It stops and gives me a boot error like it cant see the OS. I’m not sure what it is, but if I have to reinstall the OS, I’m in trouble due to not having the license for the 5.1 that was on the system already.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try?
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Mackie d8b v5.1 | Pro Tools HD9 | Motu 2408mk3 | 2 Motu 2408mk1's | Apple Mac Pro Quad 3.0
Freqabeat

Re: I Need Your Help! Please!

Postby Crash » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Install version 3 if you need to just to get you back up and going. You can get the unlock code from Mackie if need be for 5.1. They know which consoles have legitimate copies of 5.1 installed.

It is possible that your hard drive has given up the ghost...
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum