Change font size   Print view

I have a HUGE Question!!!!

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

I have a HUGE Question!!!!

Postby Freqabeat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 am

Ok guys (and women, if you're on here), I randomly get a video fatal error on my system and I dont know why. Does anyone have any solutions?
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Mackie d8b v5.1 | Pro Tools HD9 | Motu 2408mk3 | 2 Motu 2408mk1's | Apple Mac Pro Quad 3.0
Freqabeat

Re: I have a HUGE Question!!!!

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 am

It's a known fact that changing the refresh rate of the GUI in OS 5.1 can cause all sorts of grief. There's a post in the database on this topic. Also, you may want to reseat your video card in the CPU/rack after cleaning the edge connectors. Just a cuppla thoughts.

Video Refresh Rate

Peter
Last edited by anyhorizon on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Freqabeat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:42 am

anyhorizon wrote:It's a known fact that changing the resolution of the GUI in OS 5.1 can cause all sorts of grief. There's a post in the database on this topic. Also, you may want to reseat your video card in the CPU/rack after cleaning the edge connectors. Just a cuppla thoughts.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter, I did see about the resolution/refresh rate issue, but i have not changed anything. I will try to clean the connections off tonight. But I'm fairly new to the d8b, I've only owned mine for less than a month, so I'm pretty stumped
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Mackie d8b v5.1 | Pro Tools HD9 | Motu 2408mk3 | 2 Motu 2408mk1's | Apple Mac Pro Quad 3.0
Freqabeat

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 am

It may also be worth checking the BIOS settings. There are two different settings depending on which MOBO you have. If they are slightly awry, it may also be worth replacing the MOBO battery.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Freqabeat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Ok, so now I have an even bigger problem. I disconnected the video card to clean out the ports on the mobo, and now I have nothing happening but an error 43. I have no picture on the screen either.
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Freqabeat

Postby Petersueco » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:55 pm

This one can be very tricky to fix.

Try to move the video card to another PCI slot.

Also, it could be that the RAM is damaged and therefore you don't get any video signal.

First find out what motherboard you have and change the battery.
Change/swap/re-seat the RAM sticks.

I had this same problem long time ago and I could install an old AGPx4 video card (had laying around) in the AGP slot and boot up. That gave me access to the BIOS settings.

After the BIOS settings was changed I placed back the original video card and it booted...

Good Luck.
Peter Holmquist
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freqabeat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 pm

My mobo looks just like the second pic.
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Freqabeat

Postby Freqabeat » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Update!!!

Ok, so I found out that my ram was not seated correctly in the dimm slot. The middle section would not connect. So I had to get that resolved. But, now I have another issue. When I hit the power button, the d8b turns on, but my processor is not spinning. It tries to start spinning but then stops. It’s like the PSU is only giving part of the power needed.
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Freqabeat

Postby Freqabeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 am

So I figured it out, somewhat. So I originally removed my vid card, ram and mobo battery to clean the connections due to multiple fatal video errors, and when I replaced everything the ram wouldn't seat properly. After I finally got the ram in right by getting some pressure below the mobo, the psu stopped working. Well, tonight I completely disassembled the computer, psu's and all and reconnected one by one. So now I got the system back working. Now I need to find a serial keyboard to reconfigure the bios.
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Freqabeat

Postby Freqabeat » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:50 am

New issue. Ok so now that I've got the CPU back working, it keeps telling me that the boot has failed. Almost like its trying to boot from the floppy. I've gone through and reconfigured the CMOS bios according to the setup and everything.
Jybron
Music Is My Drug!!!

Freqabeat

Next

Return to d8b Forum