Change font size   Print view

ABBEY ROAD VISIT

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: ABBEY ROAD VISIT

Postby Soundchasm » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:56 am

Phil, I'm so absolutely thrilled for you. Nothing makes me happier than a story like this. It looks like they really put on the dog for you. Buddy, you deserve it for your faith alone, let alone your good works!! I bask in your good new!! ;-) Ahhhhhh.
Soundchasm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks....it was a one off experience and it was majic :D

I have a job remembering all that was said in that talk but a few things come to mind.

Revolution was all recorded in that control room with exception of drums, some sort of pre amps were made at AR and the guitars were DI'd into the desk which is what gave that distortion.

Another song was recorded in a small store room to the right of the control room, all instruments went in there and played live, I can't remember the song but when they played it back it was self explanatory.

Paul recorded a kick drum for another song in the small stairwell through the double doors at the back of the studio which caused the neighbors to complain due to the noise! By the way, through those doors and on the right is one of the echo chamber rooms, as it was with large drain pipes standing on end and tiled walls.

The chairs we sat on and can be seen in the pictures are the originals, bought in because they were none squeak (1960's)

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:19 am

How I long for a non-squeak chair! or a non-squeak anything... Really Awesome Phil!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum