Change font size   Print view

Have they all gone bottoms up???

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Have they all gone bottoms up???

Postby SteveT » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:30 am

Hi Dean....

If you ever do decide to get into RC...just remember...you don't start off with a Spitfire...Warbirds have heavy wing loading, and are not designed as trainers.. :D

And yes, Joe, is a fantastic flier, and especially when you consider he was only 17 years old when the video was taken, and had only been flying two years....

As to the guitar sound, sorry, I can't take credit for it, as I was the lead singer/rhythm guitarist. The gentleman that played lead for us played one of the "distressed" custom shop strats, (and very well if I do say so myself... :D), I only wish I could play as well as he does.... If you would like to hear some more, check out the web site for my old band (now defunct) at DOM-band.com. Click on the "Lend us an ear" page.

On there, you will find "China Grove", "Black Magic Woman" and Hush.... One of the guys that I fly with has been the sax player for the Doobie Bros. for quite a while now, and I met him a few years ago, but hadn't seen him during the time my band was playing, When I saw him at the field, I gave him a demo cd of the band....I was quite happy, when he said we "nailed" "China Grove....of course he may have said it just to make me feel good.... :D

SteveT
SteveT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby dean » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Great stuff! No nonsense good honest tracks man i enjoyed them very much ;) thanks for sharing.

I have nothing for you to listen to in return quite yet, but when the time comes i'll be sure to give you a shout.

Thanks for the advice on the RC, take care steve, all the very best to you,

dean...
dean

Postby High C Double G » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm

SteveT wrote:Hi Michael....

Actually, not so little....89" wingspan, at about 19.5 pounds....the same as the orange one in the picture I posted....it is just another available color scheme... :D

As to the economy...all I can say is both my wife and I got raises in our Social Security this year...:d

And Glad I was able to help...I had a bit of a learning curve myself, and a lot of the guys on the original forum helped me out, so, I just tried to "pay it forward"...

And last but not least.. A "Whole lotta Love" for you and yours too....:D :D :D

SteveT

89" is not 25' is all I am sayin... I don't know much about planes. Glad you got your raise, I am eating PB&J but I like PB&J so it's cool. :)

Rations are good for the soul. 8-)
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum