Change font size   Print view

ADAT PC card?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

ADAT PC card?

Postby KyRange » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Hello All...

I would like to be able to transfer tracks directly from my d8b to my PC via ADAT lightpipes (preferably at least 16 channels simultaneously). Does anyone know of (or have for sale) such a pci card/s to enable same? I guess as another option, I might be able to use an ADAT-to-firewire adapter. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. If so, give me a holler @ kyrange@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,
John
KyRange

Re: ADAT PC card?

Postby synthjoe » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:05 am

RME has the best products for that. 9652 and Digiface are two good products, but certainly there are others out there. For 16 tracks you might want to have a look at the 9632, even though not much cheaper than its bigger brother (second hand prices, I don't even know if the 9632 is still manufatured at all, and whether it has the same funcitionality as before, if so)...
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby FrankH » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 am

Kyrange:

I have a Steinberg/Nuendo OEM version of the RME Hammerfall 9652 card in perfect working order (and totally pristene condition) sitting on a shelf.

The reason I no longer use it is because Intel Macs no longer support PCI. I had to buy a whole new interface when I switched to Intel Macs.

If you actually need a PCI card (not PCIe....huge diff) that supports Windows PCs and pre PCIe Macs, I can let it go for $300. The thing will do 24 channels of ADAT lightpipe I/O as well as WClock Sync I/O, ADAT Sync, S/PDIF and 2 independent MIDI I/Os. It is a great card set and was my main interface from Cubase to the D8B for years. It worked seamless and flawlessly with the D8B.

I should point out, it takes up 2 PCI slots on the back of your PC (although only the main card actually plugs into the PCI slot. The secondary card daughters over to the main card). All the breakout cables are intact and working. Manual and CD install disk. Includes original Steinberg/Nuendo OEM packaging. You'd have to go to RME's website to download the latest drivers and TotalMix software because the install CD literally has the initial release stuff on it.

One Caveat: I'll only ship in the U.S.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby KyRange » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Frank,

I'll take it. Call me at 859-312-SONG, or e me @kyrange@gmail.com. BTW, where r u located? I'm in Lexington, KY.

Tnx, John
KyRange

Return to d8b Forum