Change font size   Print view

Lets try again

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Lets try again

Postby emunstar » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:49 am

Okay a few weeks back I posted about a boot issue with my D8B, many of you provided some good info. Im still not up and running. To recap I had a host did not boot message on the console VFD and a totally blank monitor screen. I have since attached a speaker to the terminals on the motherboard and received a tone indicating a DRAM error. I have replaced the ram and the video card and still no boot. I cannot access my bios, the CPU is totally unresponsive. I hear the hard drive spin up and get a flash of the num lock caps lock and scroll lock lights on my keyboard. Anyone out there have any ideas? Im at a loss, if I can figure this one out the console will get parted out and the lovely argosy console I just bought for it will be sold. Help me D8B super genius you're my only hope!!!!
emunstar

Re: Lets try again

Postby synthjoe » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi there,

Trying to help but I'm not sure about the diagnosis. Try this in the following order:
1. power off and remove VGA card and start the machine. Do you get the same beep pattern?
2. power off, do not reinsert VGA and remove RAM(s) and start the machine. Is it still the same beep pattern?
3. power off and remove the CPU, leave both VGA and RAM(s) removed and start the machine. There should'n be any beeping - is it so?

Please report carefully on beep patterns for each of the three steps, maybe even a short (or three) recording is in order.
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum