Change font size   Print view

Advice

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Advice

Postby anyhorizon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Since there are a lot of new users of the d8b on this forum who seek advice, I implore those in the know, who offer such advice, to check their facts thoroughly before posting a solution, in order to shield the original poster from wild goose chases and as a corollary unnecessary angst.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Re: Advice

Postby Zorba the Geek » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:54 am

Thanks Peter.

That is very sensible advice. In addition to this, could newcomers to the forum (who are most welcome by the way!) please not inquire about the same general problem across multiple threads. This makes it very difficult for those trying to help, as information ends up being scattered all over the place and crucial information residing in one thread is unavailable in another.

Oh and one more point. It would be greatly appreciated if new users at least made an attempt at reading a manual or FAQ before asking technical questions, as the answers are often made up of terminology that will make no sense unless you have done some basic preparatory reading and understood at least some basic concepts related to the systems you are inquiring about. This is the polite and sensible thing to do as it helps new users spell out their problems in greater detail and aids us in helping you troubleshoot your problems when we share a common vocabulary.

Kind regards,
George
Zorba the Geek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Advice

Postby SteveT » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 am

Good thing I don't post here.... I would really get them messed up as I have forgotten everything I ever knew... :D :D

SteveT
SteveT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum