Change font size   Print view

Repairing my Console

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Repairing my Console

Postby frama78 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:47 pm

I have some trouble with the play and record-button on my D8b. sometimes, everything works fine, but from time to time, they will not react at all. i have to press very hard or press it in a specific reaction.

how can i fix this? do i have to open the console and maybe disassamble the whole thing...?

another issue is a fader, wich is sometimes a little sticky. not much and not often, but rarely. do i have to open it and blow some deoxit in it?
frama78

Re: Repairing my Console

Postby Phil.c » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Check out the Database>Maintenance>Transport Buttons etc.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby frama78 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 am

hey phil,

thanks! got it to work pretty nicely!

but i´ve got the same issue with some solo/mute-switches. i can´t pull down these caps. how can i treat them?
frama78

Postby synthjoe » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 am

frama78 wrote:i can´t pull down these caps. how can i treat them?

Indeed, you cannot pull those - you'll have to disassemble. While you're at it you might want replace the tact switch rather than making an effort to clean it. You're more likely to succeed. However, more often the plastic hinge is damaged rather than the switch, and the failed plastic causes malfunction. In such case you'll need to replace the plastic hinge, not really an easy option these days, but feasible.

Below you'll find a picture of the hinge and the location where it usually breaks.
IMG_2188b_small.JPG
Plastic hinge bottom view, marked the spot where it usually breaks and fails to operate the switch beneath correctly.
IMG_2188b_small.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 1093 times
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum