Change font size   Print view

Modifying D8b Armrest and Sides?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Modifying D8b Armrest and Sides?

Postby frama78 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi there,

I acatually like my "new" D8b pretty much, but there are two things, I don´t like:

Armrest and the Sides feel pretty cheesy and "modern! I like this oldschool-style wooden frames even more an i´d like to replace them.

They look pretty boring and i don´t like the handling/placement of the Console on my desk. As i said: i´d like to remove these Parts and build something wooden (plywood, mdf or even a padded "belly-stopper" :D) and maybe build a desk in the argosy-style (sunk-in) or a complete "consoledesk".

Has somebody pictures, diagrams, schematics or even ideas of how to disassamble the armrest and sides?

bad english... sorry. but i hope, you guys know what i mean? :oops:
frama78

Re: Modifying D8b Armrest and Sides?

Postby NigelC » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

I only know this because I accidentally broke a side panel and had to detach it to repair it, I then dismantled all of the above to respray them.

The side rests are easy to take off, there are screws that just need to be undone (phillips cross head type).

To remove the arm rest you need to unscrew the base plate underneath the mixer and you will then see about 8-10 screws holding this on to the mixer frame. Thats it, no diagrams needed!
NigelC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Pop the bottom off and you will see the arm rest screws. The sides are just the screw you see. I think there are six per side. There is something like four to six screws holding on the armrest.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby frama78 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 am

yeah; thanks! :-)

I was scared, because of damaging since many plasticparts are snapped in. they often break out. anyway: Got it and there is definitly a possibility to make new parts.

frank
frama78

Return to d8b Forum