Change font size   Print view

Recomended Cases for D8B

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Recomended Cases for D8B

Postby Axeman098 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Does anyone have a recomended brand or company to get a Hard Case for the D8B from? I have seen ones like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATA-CUSTOM-Case ... 3ee1c5788c

On Ebay, just wondering if anyone has experience with these or recomendations. Ideally I'd like to be able to leave the D8B sitting in the bottom peice, set it on a table, pull the cover and get to work. Also, didn't Argosy or somebody make a desk FITTED for the D8B??? I'd be real interested in figuring out what my options are in that dept. Any thoughts, links, or suggestions are appreciated.
Axeman098
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Recomended Cases for D8B

Postby Casey_Pittman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Opti-Case in Henderson Texas.
http://www.opti-case.net/main4.html

The Production Co. I work for gets all of our cases from them. They make everything to order and goes by the manufacturers dimensions for form cutting the padding on the inside so there is absolutely no play for the gear inside to get damaged. All of our custom jobs have been awesome and the guitar road cases I've seen are just as great. Price wise, It will be higher than one of these ebay sellers or companies that make a one size fits all type of case, but since you know that the d8b can be sensitive to travel you probably don't want to skimp on the quality.

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Recomended Cases for D8B

Postby synthjoe » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Argosy did make a desk (or maybe rather 2 or 3 different models) for the d8b. Sometimes you can find one on auction or for removal, but the original price approaches the original list price of the desk, as far as I can recall...

As Casey suggested, I'd recommend a local shop that makes custom flight cases, I'm not aware of one being mass-produced. I got mine custom made by a local workshop for a very reasonable price (a rather simple one, using it only once in a while, when moving rehearsal rooms etc.).
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum