Change font size   Print view

eratic noise

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: eratic noise

Postby bkbannon3 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Have you ever just felt like a complete f**king idiot? Even though my system has worked for nearly 2 years, the sudden problem seems to have been monitoring. I was (and always have) monitoring the incoming signal and the recorded signal. Even though it has never been an issue in the past, seems to have been my problem. I have always sent the incoming signal to the mains, and the recorded signal to the mains. But suddenly, its an issue. I can monitor the incoming signal until I am ready to record, then I have to disarm the L/R on the incoming signal and engage on the recorded track. Does this sound like it could be my problem? Has anyone else ever had this issue before. Do you only monitor the recorded signal? thanks everybody for all your help. Certainly can't get this support from mackie, only here. I hope this sight is here for some time to come, as I plan on owning this beast for a while. thanks again. Brian
bkbannon3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: eratic noise

Postby Crash » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I don't see how this has not been an issue for you all along if this is how you have been monitoring. If you have both the input and the tape return assigned to the master buss you will get phasing issues do to latency between the input and return. It'll make your eyes cross and curse your family.... Either you didn't notice before or something has changed. My money is something is different. Just monitor the tape return side and this issue should go away. Don't feel like an idiot, it happens.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum