Change font size   Print view

ADAT Problems

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

ADAT Problems

Postby USS_Internet » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Hello Everyone!

My room mate and I recently purchased a D8B for our home studio and we are having some issues with the ADAT hook ups. The board we bought has three ADAT cards installed, one in Tape 1-8 (DIO-8) one in Tape 9-16 (OPT-8) and one in Alt 1-8 (DIO-8). Tape 1-8 is working fine but, for what ever reason the mixer is not recognizing that there are cables coming out of Tape 9-16. The card shows up in the Digital I/O setup window but the input/output drop down menus are not there, only the UV22 menu. what am I missing here?

Also, is taking the card out of the Alt 1-8 slot and using it for Tape 17-24 something that will work or does there need to be an Alt 1-8?
USS_Internet

Re: ADAT Problems

Postby anyhorizon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:07 am

You should swap the boards around a bit to discover if the OPT 8 may be faulty. Do this, of course, with the board off. Then boot. It doesn't matter which of the input slots they're in. Also, although the cards may be registering in the Digital I/O setup, there could be some dirty pins. Clean the edge connectors on the boards with a rubber (eraser) and then wipe all residue clean with some isopropyl alcohol until they shine.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby High C Double G » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:30 am

what he said...^^^^
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:12 pm

USS_Internet wrote:....one in Tape 9-16 (OPT-8) and one in Alt 1-8 (DIO-8). Tape 1-8 is working fine but, for what ever reason the mixer is not recognizing that there are cables coming out of Tape 9-16. The card shows up in the Digital I/O setup window but the input/output drop down menus are not there, only the UV22 menu. what am I missing here?

The OPT.8 card will not show input/output options like the DIO.8 because it can only deal with light pipe ADAT protocol. The DIO.8 will let you choose between ADAT and Tascam TDIF depending on what you need, or have hooked up.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum