Change font size   Print view

OT: Innovator

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

OT: Innovator

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 am

It's all over the show but I wish for that Steve Jobs rest in peace. He changed my life. Only the good die young. :cry: Thank you Steve for everything. I shall be quiet as a church mouse for a while.

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Re: OT: Innovator

Postby Dan Worley » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:32 am

I was deeply saddened by the news. I liked Steve. He was truly an inspirational leader and innovator who changed the world with his ideas, vision, determination, and love for what he did. We all benefited in some way.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

Sincerely,

Dan Worley
Dan Worley
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:17 am

Anyway you slice it too young to leave the planet. A true American innovator and visionary on par with the best in the world at any time in any place on any level. He will be missed. Sad day for the world. God bless Steve Jobs.

Michael
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:57 pm

RIP Steve Jobs. You will be missed.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NigelC » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 pm

As a long time Mac user going back to 1987 and a Mac Plus, Apple was the first true innovator of user friendly computing and the first to truly harness the GUI (even though they pinched it from Xerox who had not seen its value!).

As someone who has been privileged to do some work for Apple, I witnessed first hand the mess successive CEOs such as Gil Amelio made of Apple as they were numbers men and did not have the creative spark Steve had. When he came back it was like the second coming.

Personally I am not a subscriber to the iPod/iPhone mentality (and most people who use them are just posers who like 'the brand' but Steve always had that touch of genius in getting the right talents in (Jonathan Ive the product designer behind the iMac for example) and its a shame he never finished his NeXT system as it looked very exciting (although I do know much of OSX drew from it).

Anyway computer history lesson over. Rest In Peace (I am sure hes up wherever now developing an afterlife app!).
NigelC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 pm

NigelC wrote:Personally I am not a subscriber to the iPod/iPhone mentality (and most people who use them are just posers who like 'the brand'

Well, I am an iPhone user and I certainly don't regard myself as a 'poser'. The thing is remarkable. The free compass and GPS apps alone are worth the price of entry. Transport timetables and other on the go apps make it indispensable. YMMV depending upon your insight and needs :)

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby NigelC » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:28 pm

anyhorizon wrote:Well, I am an iPhone user and I certainly don't regard myself as a 'poser'. The thing is remarkable. The free compass and GPS apps alone are worth the price of entry. Transport timetables and other on the go apps make it indispensable. YMMV depending upon your insight and needs :)

Hey I am not saying all users are posers and I yes they are still great products. However in many peoples eyes Apple are now a consumer product company who make great gadgets and the fact they make great computers with a neat OS gets overlooked. And many treat the Apple brand like Nike or BMW, a status symbol to flash around.

I remember working at a publisher in the early 90s and the editors were still using DOS based PCs with Black and Green screens while us designers had Macs with GUIs. It took Windows until 1995 to rip off the concept (badly). For me that is Jobs legacy, great looking products that also get the job done and enable creative types to do this without having to have a degree in computer engineering.
NigelC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 am

Well I want a iphone so call me whatever you want, I still want one. I want a higher power guitar amp and a bass rig too, and a bigger studio, and a great woman in my life, and as long as I am at it I want my house back - I didn't lose it I just don't occupy it. Maybe an iphone is within reach, given all that. :shock:

music heals, life is short, do what you can and don't abort - unless you know there is no way through, then... abort.

The point is clear... I want an iphone. this is the bottom line - get myself together and move slow, it'll work.

Move along :arrow:

Peace,
Michael
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum