Change font size   Print view

MIX EDITOR WINDOW

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

MIX EDITOR WINDOW

Postby jrodmusik » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 am

my transport buttons work good (play, fast forward ,rewind,record,mute, etc..) from the d8b to my daw and vise versa. it shows its LOCKED (sync good) .but my problem is that in my MIX EDITOR WINDOW it is not following ........can someone please help....thank you
jrodmusik

Re: MIX EDITOR WINDOW

Postby High C Double G » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 am

Hi jrodmusik,

Sounds like there is a setting in the DAW that might be set incorrectly (checked or not checked) that is not allowing MTC to get to the d8b. Are your red numbers moving on your d8b time code screen just above the transport controls on the d8b? Check you midi cables too and make sure everything is good there.

Hope this helps.
Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby jrodmusik » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:39 am

first off thanks for the help......

im using logic 9 as my DAW ....My red numbers (Bars,Beats,min..) are locked (perfect timing)..and checked my MIDI cables with a tester and all is good ,,,,BUT my mix editor window is not following ...HUI mode is also good////
jrodmusik

Postby High C Double G » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:13 am

I don't have a quick answer for you, sorry. When you open the mix editor and you set say a few locate points, can you go to them? Does it move in this fashion? There might be something with the time code that is not matching up. Sometimes with stuff like this it is because the time codes are not set the same type or time. SMPTE. BBM, MTC, SPP, (not that anyone uses this any more --- song position pointer) this may be the same as what you are calling BBM.

I know I was getting some drift and a careful check of the Frames per second solved this and now everything syncs up. With my system it saves to flash ROM but I have to check it anyway, just out of habit.

After all these years I have never pulled the trigger on the HUI part of v5.1 so I am not sure that the mix editor and HUI might be separate things. Yea that didn't make much sense, I don't know enough about the HUI function to comment, Wish I was more help, still seems like a setting somewhere if the mix editor is not moving. I personally don't remember having this problem, but I probably did. I have said it before, as simple as it is... MIDI confuses the heck out of me. Just today I had a small issue... tomorrow is a new day. I hope it is a quick fix. Fun though right? An old guy once told me when I was having trouble with work and everything was a drag and nothing was working right and I was just banging my head on everything... just lousy you know? In his wisdom he said... "Make it fun, just make it fun" with a little effort this really does work.

I'll do my best to dig a little deeper on this, but now I got to be up really early to "make it fun" once more. 8-)

Michael
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Keeping it simple...I assume you have "autoscroll" selected. I have found over the years that the editor window can be a bit buggy and squirrely. Sometimes, it will just act odd, just an FYI.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum