Change font size   Print view

Trouble with error 43, cannot access bios

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Trouble with error 43, cannot access bios

Postby Crash » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Error 43 is sort of like a "check engine" light on a car. It tells you there is trouble but nothing specific. There are two different processors(166mhz or 300mhz) used during production of the d8b. Are you sure you have set the BIOS for the correct processor? Is the motherboard battery good? If not, the correct settings you just set for BIOS can go away as soon as you power down, leading to an Error 43 on the next boot up.

I would also be suspect of bad RAM as a possible issue. Has this unit ever worked for you? Have you made any changes recently that have gotten you to this point of non-boot?
Last edited by Crash on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:33 am

I agree the RAM can be a possible issue here.

What's on the screen? Does the operating system start loading in the monitor?

Just in case, triple check the Console Data cable on both ends.

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby synthjoe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Petersueco wrote:What's on the screen? Does the operating system start loading in the monitor?

That's a very important question to answer. Only then we'll be able to help further, as error 43 is the desk crying out that it could not communicate to the CPU box within a set time, a very generic one, as Crash has wrote. If the CPU box fails to start the OS, then it is an obvious reason and your desk might be fine. The CPU, on the other hand, will start up the OS just fine without a console connected, it'll just throw an error message that the console cannot be found, upon completing loading. So, if your OS did not start (screen is not showing the mixer surface) you'll probably have to look for the problem 'inside' the CPU box.
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby proteusmedia » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:38 pm

thanks for the reply Fellas. No the OS does not boot (screen is not showing the mixer surface) do yall think i need to replace the Hd? Also i think i may have installed the wrong bios for the cpu. When i get back over to the studio i will take a screen shot while its booting to give u all more info. The cpu the is a 300mhz and i did change the ram and a matter a fact i tried several different sticks that i had packed away for such a time as this from a old Mac g3 machine.
proteusmedia

Postby Crash » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:57 pm

I would start with sticking known good RAM back in it if possible and of course getting the right bios with the processor you have before I started replacing HD's.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby proteusmedia » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:04 am

ok the the cpu is a Intel celeron 466MHz with 64meg of memory but i do not see bios spec's for this motherboard. would i use the spec's that apply to the 300MHz board or is there another set of spec's
proteusmedia

Postby Crash » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Go with bios for the 300Mhz.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby synthjoe » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:00 pm

I think the jumper settings will be different for a different CPU - but I'd not touch it if you were able to install the OS with these settings. Where does the boot process break down, what is the last message on screen? Do you see the Mackie logo, or do you see some "Mackie OS loader", "Starting TCP/IP Socket Layer" or similar screen? Or maybe something akin to a "no boot device" or "insert system disk" message?
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby proteusmedia » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Crash i would like to email you a couple of screen shots and a vid of the cpu booting.... Just to gv a up date I have replaced the
Hd With a 40 gig maxor set the jumper setting replace the battery. brought new 256 meg of new ram set the bios according to the Intel celeron 466MHz mfg settings that were listed on peters website.. removed all of the expansion cards checked the BFC and the data cable on both ends made sure the ribbon cables were snug formatted the Hd installed the v3 software via floppy and mixer accepted the install Still i get 43 error message check cpu rack My email is chopshop07@gmail.com if u would send me a test message i'll forward u the shots and the vid clip help bro all i want to do is WORK !!!!
proteusmedia

Postby Petersueco » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:35 am

112911225954.jpg
112911225954.jpg (Array KiB) Viewed 1199 times

This is the picture I got via e-mail from proteusmedia with the last that shows up in the monitor.

I would recommend a fresh re installation.

Make sure the BIOS recognize the drive in the first place. Also that the boot order is correct. Better yet, replace you motherboard battery for a new one and re-check all the BIOS settings.

The hard drive can't be larger the 32Gb or the system will not launch. If the new drive is bigger it has to be clamped down to the 32Gb limit.

If the HD is new it need to be conditioned before formatting. More info here.

Re install the OS again.
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum