Change font size   Print view

Trouble with error 43, cannot access bios

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Trouble with error 43, cannot access bios

Postby proteusmedia » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:51 am

Well Forum fam!!!! I got My D8b Software installed.. TT Sean @ Mackie Support And he Id'ed the problem Of the jump I had an unsupported Video card that i had installed and the OS did not like it at all that is why the screen was stuck on the the tcp\ip config screen. Now i'm faced with another issue sticking fader's ..Currently i had re-calibrated like 7 times an used compressed air to blow the dust off the components with-in the fader banks i was wondering there is some stuff call Deoxit Fader F5 any feed back on using this stuff or on the jumping faders please direct me. Again thanks D8b Fam for putting up with my D8B issues..(still cant wait till marc completes his mod for retail)
proteusmedia

Postby FrankH » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:57 am

TT Sean @ Mackie Support And he Id'ed the problem Of the jump I had an unsupported Video card that i had installed and the OS did not like it at all that is why the screen was stuck on the the tcp\ip config screen.

For the record, Synthjoe called this on Friday:
Your previous screenshot (sent to and posted by Peter) shows a typical failure of the OS (if seen for more than a couple of seconds) switching to graphical mode when the wrong type of VGA card is used.

After re-reading the entire thread, I can't find you mentioning that you had replaced your video card.

"Yes, but the... whole point of the doomsday machine... is lost... if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, eh?" -Dr.Strangelove
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:02 pm

FrankH wrote:After re-reading the entire thread, I can't find you mentioning that you had replaced your video card.

That would have been a bit of helpful info to know as Frank mentions. I think that is why I asked twice if this unit ever worked, I was trying to ascertain if there had some sort of change, possibly other than RAM and hardrives.

Anyway, glad you got it up and going.

Are the faders sticking at the top or bottom or are they jumpy? New symptom since you got the console on its' feet or something that has always been an issue?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby proteusmedia » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:28 am

Got the fader issue worked out ..And i hooked up a set of powered nearfields audio came through but is very static and poping and with a slight delay going on from the CR nearfield the studio out, the master and CR main out puts. do i need to open the unit up and dust clean it out..its been sitting up for a min. or reseat the effect cards and the stock word clock card?
proteusmedia

Postby FrankH » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:00 am

Sure, reseating the cards couldn't hurt...but more importantly: what are you using as an audio source and how is it interfaced to the D8B?
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby synthjoe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:24 am

Crash wrote:
FrankH wrote:After re-reading the entire thread, I can't find you mentioning that you had replaced your video card.

That would have been a bit of helpful info to know as Frank mentions.

Yeah... Troubleshooting would have been probably as easy as a single post from almost anyone visiting this forum regularly... :)

This taught me to cut my future posts much shorter, people seem to give up reading or skip important details seeing the typing diarrhea I'm apparently suffering from. :geek:
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum