Change font size   Print view

Trouble with error 43, cannot access bios

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Trouble with error 43, cannot access bios

Postby bcarrigg90 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Hello, I work for cincinnati christian university, and we have a d8b that we are trying to sell. I'm in charge of trying to get it up and running in order to sell. The first thing I got when I started it up was 43 that a bunch of people seem to get. i replaced the battery on the mother board, which did not fix anything, so I was going to check the bios, but I cannot get a keyboard to work with it to access the menu on startup. What else can I do? The monitor also showed something about a cmos checksum error.

I found this old post that sounds like exactly what i am getting. I'm going to try reseating some cables tonight and see what i can come up with.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=281&p=1638&hilit=cmos+checksum#p1638
bcarrigg90

Re: Trouble with error 43, cannot access bios

Postby synthjoe » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:44 am

The database has some useful info about such problems. Try those, I'm sure it'll get it fixed. If not, let us know and we'll try to help you further - there would be just no point in typing up again all that is already in the database.
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bcarrigg90 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:29 pm

I just didn't see anything in the database about not being able to use a keyboard to access bios.
bcarrigg90

Postby High C Double G » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am

Plug both the mouse and the keyboard into the CPU (make sure they are known good), then tap the delete key on start up. If it does not work the first, second, third, etc... time - keep trying it will eventually get you to the BIOS so you can re-set it to the proper settings.

There are two types of CPU's (the majority are this way 99.99%) so once you find out which one you are working with then you can go through all the menus to change the settings to the correct values.

It might be as simple as not having the mouse plugged in, but you might have both keyboard and mouse plugged in. Sometimes I have pushed the Male end into the CPU port and then backed it out every so slightly and try it again and it will boot. Just keep trying. You will not hurt anything by just turning off the CPU if it does not get to the BIOS screen or boot after you have set the proper values.

Hope this helps,
Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:17 pm

High C Double G wrote:Plug both the mouse and the keyboard into the CPU (make sure they are known good), then tap the delete key on start up. If it does not work the first, second, third, etc... time - keep trying it will eventually get you to the BIOS so you can re-set it to the proper settings.

I have always found that just holding the delete key down during boot up works every time.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:19 pm

bcarrigg90 wrote:I just didn't see anything in the database about not being able to use a keyboard to access bios.

I am needing more clarification I guess on this... You have a keyboard but doing the delete key on boot up is not working for you? Or, are you trying to figure out a way into the bios without a keyboard?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bcarrigg90 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Turn out i just don't read very well. I had the keyboard plugged into the mouse port. I'm waiting for the adapter to plug into the old style keyboard port that it has.
bcarrigg90

Postby High C Double G » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Crash wrote:
High C Double G wrote:Plug both the mouse and the keyboard into the CPU (make sure they are known good), then tap the delete key on start up. If it does not work the first, second, third, etc... time - keep trying it will eventually get you to the BIOS so you can re-set it to the proper settings.

I have always found that just holding the delete key down during boot up works every time.

Hey Crash,

Yes, it is a command so holding it down will/should work - however I find tapping the key (sending the command repetitively) works or has worked or I am delusional but I like tapping things anyway :mrgreen:

High C Double G
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby proteusmedia » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:16 am

Yes im having the same problem is there any other way to access the bios with the old AT keyboard!!!! please somebody help me Ive reset the bios all the cable are connected and secured......I just want it the unit up and running so i can work...HELp
proteusmedia

Postby proteusmedia » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Well i have reformatted the HD re installed the the OS v3. re-seated the cables, made sure the bios was correctly configured Unit accepted the software install. Rebooted and still got the Blam Trouble with error 43 message... What is it..? if the board accecpted the 2 disk install on a reformated Hd what is the issue should i replace the drive SOMEBODY ANYBODY HELP PLEASE!!!!
proteusmedia

Next

Return to d8b Forum