Change font size   Print view

new place

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: new place

Postby Petersueco » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Hello Marco.

Thanks for you nice words.

Yeah, being patient during the construction stages was definitely one of the hardest things about it. The builder name is Pepe and he did a hell of a wonderful job! I was very lucky to find him for the constructions. This guy loves to work and he even came over on weekends to do some stuff.

I'm seriously considering to make some panels. My vocal boot is quite small (1.6 m x 2 m) so I can only have 3 or 4 panels in it before it becomes claustrophobic. I will contact Pepe to see if he can made them. I think that there is still some wood strips and rockwool over that he can use.

I would be happy if you could post some photos of your room.

To do so click the Post Reply button.

Once you are in the Post a reply page you will find two tabs below the Save, Preview and Submit buttons.

The second tab takes you to the Upload attachment function. From there you can browse your computer for the image and add the file to the post. Easy!

You can even text a comment for the attached file! And you can attach any kind of file, i.e. an mp3 file.

On the other hand, why don't you upload a picture of yourself or an avatar to your account? I think it's cool that we can see us each other, and it gives the place more color and life. If you want to add your avatar, go to the User Control Panel (at the top left), click on the Profile tab and go to the Edit avatar section. The picture maximum dimensions are width: 150 pixels, height: 150 pixels.

If you have trouble resizing your image just send it to me and I will resize it for you.

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fishtail » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:29 am

Hola Peter,
Lets see if I can get this right........
Attachments
liveroom.JPG
live room
liveroom.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 1580 times
therack.JPG
gear
therack.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 1580 times
control1.JPG
control room
control1.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 1579 times
ceiling3.JPG
ceiling
ceiling3.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 1578 times
liveceiling.JPG
live room
liveceiling.JPG (Array KiB) Viewed 1578 times
fishtail
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby fishtail » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:32 am

I tried resizing an image for an avatar with no luck, maybe I can send it to you to fix up? Let me know where to send it.
Adios for now
M
fishtail
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Hey Marco. What a nice place you got over there! Thanks for the images.

Send me you avatar picture to peter (at) sonido-7 (dot) com

Peter Holmquist.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Hey, Marco,

Your studio looks great. Very conducive to work (fun). You've done a great job.

What's the unit with 4 modules at the bottom underneath the Avalon?

Great to see the Tascam 3340. I wish I still had mine.

Hey, I'm taking a drive to Melbourne on 26 - 27 May. Since it'll be May, maybe I could drop in and have a cup of tea and a bit of a chin wag :) I was gonna take the Hume but I could always cut across or even take the Pacific for the first part of the journey.

Cheers,

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby fishtail » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey Peteretep!
The four preamps below the Avalon are the mighty Peach 192 Savanah, of which he only every made 100. He has a new model out now that doesn't require the mammoth power supply that these are housed in which are a stereo unit and has more features, but the preamps are the same. They are simply incredible, wish I had four more to fill the rack, (and the cash to buy them). Originally he was going to make comps and eqs to fill the unitls, and my goal was to get two comps and two eqs. He changed his mind as people were balking at the power supply, which was around 2 grand. Its a tank, and its such a beautiful design, I am glad I bought them when he was short of dough and had cash issues. I bought four of the units and he threw in the power supply for free saving me the 2 grand. Later, I kept harrassing him wondering when he was going to build his comps and Pultec eqs, and he just kept changing his mind. Despite being such an awesome pre the price kept more people away from buying them. I really wanted him to build me compressor/limiter, which he kept promising me he would, and after more than a year of harrassing him he ended up selling me one that he made 10 of which he had loaned to somebody, that sits on top of the Avalon. It has something like 12 valves in it, and its really something. He quit making those because they were way too much work and the profit margin was not there. Its my magic box, and after having it for several years I am still finding new ways to use it. Its got this great feedback button that adds the most wonderful distortion on guitar and bass. Its only drawback its that one of the Sifam meters keeps drifting, and I have to recalibrate it each time I want to stereo process something.
As for heading down this way, please do call on in. I would love to meet you and as I have told you before, you would always be welcome to stay, we have plenty of room! Just let us know...
Marco
fishtail
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum