Change font size   Print view

Mackie D8B on Cubase

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Mackie D8B on Cubase

Postby mick2mars » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Everybody, it's my 1st message on your forum (and sorry for my bad english but i'm French lol)

So, there is my question : i would to connect my D8B on my PC for controlling Cubase but not in HUI mode (only 8channels :( )

many peoples answer me the solution "M-Audio Pro Fire Lightbridge" but i don't know if it's really great for controlling the 24channels on Cubase and i don't have the World Clock Apogee. Is it possible ?

thanks for your attention.
mick2mars

Re: Mackie D8B on Cubase

Postby High C Double G » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Mick,

When you have version 5.1 the HUI is bank switchable to more channel strips. So 1-8, switch to 9-16, and so on.
You can operate 8 at one time. As you switch through the banks then you can control the other tracks.
This is only in v 5.1. The other versions do not have HUI.

Depending on your computer and depending on the cards in your d8b there are many ways to hook up a computer to a d8b. The forum would like to know what cards you have in your hardware. Not having a Apogee card is really bad "IF" you do not have a original stock card. Without an original stock clock card the mixing desk is not working. If you have only the stock card it is not as good by a long way (the Apogee is very much better) but you will be able to get digital audio as long as you set up the menu's correctly in both the computer and the d8b. There is a chance that with what you own it will not work. Have you tried anything yet?

FYI: I am going away from the computer for two days, so I am sorry if I do not answer right away but there are many other people here that have answers.

Hope this helps,

Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mick2mars » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Yes i know for switch the channels but i want to control cubase with all the faders ! I think is possible but i don't know if with the M-Audio Pro fire lightbridge it will be like i want.

Do you know that ?

Thanks a lot
mick2mars

Postby High C Double G » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:46 am

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/tpis.html under "MIDI mapping: useful info" there is a MIDI map for Cubase/Nuendo with this function you will have 24 faders. I have not tried it. I think you need a MIDI interface of some sort. The Apogee Word Clock Card is a good thing to have with this mixer. I am not sure about using the original stock card with this mapping method.

I know people have used this method and have been happy with it. I am sorry I can not help more. Hopefully someone who has set this method up will chime in and offer something useful. I think if you read some of the material in the database you will be happy you did.

Hope this helps,

Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mick2mars » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks a lot for your message, i will try it this week and i comeback here for telling you if it work.
mick2mars

Postby mick2mars » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 pm

another question ! (yeah yeah again lol),

With the M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge 34/36 FireWire Lightpipe, all the options on the d8b working on cubase ?
(Inputs, Outputs, phantoms etc...)

Thanks
mick2mars

Postby Casey_Pittman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 am

The d8b is not a full midi control surface. It is a digital mixer with limited midi control. If you want DAW integration then you will need to wait for marc's new project to be finalized.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175

-Casey
d8b V3 into RME HDSP 9652 with Cubase 7.5
Casey_Pittman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mick2mars » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 pm

All i want is controlling cubase with my d8b with all channels and i think is possible with the M-Audio Profire, i would to know if other commands working on this system.

I saw the Marc's new project Topic but it's not for soon :(
mick2mars

Postby High C Double G » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 am

Hi mick2mars,

I PM'd you. Please look in your folder. I have not midi mapped this into the d8b so I do not know these answers. I do know that the people that have use the midi-map have been reasonably happy with the results, I think there are a few glitches like the step count on the v-pots and faders not having perfect alignment but it does work.

Hope this helps,
Michael
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby mick2mars » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:49 pm

yeah i reply you, thank you but i don't really understand.

Thank you for your help
mick2mars

Next

Return to d8b Forum