Change font size   Print view

Help with faders

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Help with faders

Postby THARYDE » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:46 am

I’m new to the D8B mixer, and I need help. How can I turn up multiple faders at once without changing the mix? I just want the mix to be louder. I need step by step information. Grab all of them, and do whatever I need to do. LOL. Thanks!
THARYDE

Re: Help with faders

Postby Phil.c » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:39 am

A few ways, if you're talking of a higher setting in the middle of the mix you can move the faders at a specific time, first create a Snapshot (copy/save) call it Snapshot 1, the faders you moved higher, at that point create another Snapshot, call it 2, play the track with Snapshot 1, then when you get to the point with the higher fader setting open Snapshot 2.

You can Modify fader levels from Edit Modify Levels.

You can GROUP all faders and use one fader on the Masters bank to lift them all in real time.

You could also raise the master fader.

Hope this helps.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby THARYDE » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:34 pm

Is it possible to route my mix to an alternate two track (so I can keep it stereo)? Than I can raise up the volume on those tracks instead of grabbing all the tracks? Respectfully, what's the point of the snapshot? I would still have to turn up each channel physically, and then my mix would change wouldn't it? Sorry, I am on week 2 of this mixer..
THARYDE

Postby Phil.c » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:05 pm

I don’t really understand your situation, ok, you want a powerful mix, but you can do this at the mixing stage, when you have unity on your master VU’s that’s pretty high!

If your happy with your mix, your master fader is at unity but your master VU's are still low, just hold down Alt and select all faders, then Edit > Modify Levels and all faders jump to your selected volume.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum