Change font size   Print view

external gear on master mix bus

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: external gear on master mix bus

Postby Steam Radio » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:08 am

Thanks for the input on other link up ideas Bruce and Captain, seems with all the hook up alternatives you both mention using my patchbays I dont have to stick to just the one system of ins and outs, Many thanks.
Steam Radio

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:03 am

I used fully wired patchbays my whole career. Our control rooms had hundreds of patchpoints. Everything had to be patched.
When I designed and built my studio (15 years of waiting), I knew it would be completley patchable. Well almost. I have AES/EBU Tape I/O, so that isn't patchable (Yet) The d8b renders its self to using patching. I can't imagine climbing inbehid and patching!
Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby funk » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:36 pm

Not sure this is the same thing, but i found the behringer ultra curve pro 24/96 did a neat little trick of getting the stereo field wide, as well as a few more, which I liked, so wanted that on the master out, so just spdif out to the 24/96 then spdif back to the d8b coming in on the digital in 1 on the controll section, or if you can spdif out of the 24/96 to anything, I go straight to CD sometimes or drawmmer compressor then cd, a few good options using the spdif out, sorry if this is not relevent my girlfriend is making spaghetti bol, , it's not good ! ! So I'm just trying to prolong the choir of eating it, :-(
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
"Funk is what you dont play"........GREAT.....im off to the pub then,
funk

Postby captainamerica » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Like Bruce indicated, key is to have all (or as much as you can) of your I/Os tided back to your path-bay....that way, you can hear (in real-time) different mix options. In my case, I tend to audition and mix in the Analog and Digital domains because I love how that sounds.....you just need to experiment and use your ears :)
My studio is setup as a single composer/performer, so I need to be able to re-patch on demand.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 10.29.02 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 10.29.02 AM.png (Array MiB) Viewed 591 times
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum