Change font size   Print view

Different D8b looks

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Different D8b looks

Postby Black Knight » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:49 pm

Anyone know of any reason why some d8b's come with 10 white assignment buttons and some are grey on other d8b's? Was it to do with production dates?
Black Knight

Re: Different D8b looks

Postby Crash » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:17 pm

As I recall, Greg and one of the product manager guys went back and forth over visually connecting the channel assign to the assigns over in the master section. You may or may not know that there are also flat buttons as well a buttons with a slight slant to them. The backside was raised slightly higher on the meter bridge side vs the arm rest side.

I can't remember the dates these changes happened but the console started with the flat black buttons and the others were introduced as time rolled on...

It's all fuzzy this many years later but that's how I recall it.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Thanks So much for answering this, it was also on my mind as i just purchased another d8b on e-bay and it too has all black or grey buttons where my current one has white. For all the assign buttons on the console.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Black Knight » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 pm

Interesting,thanks Crash.
Black Knight

Return to d8b Forum