Change font size   Print view

Input source disengage

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Input source disengage

Postby antoniodelrio » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi there,

first of all, greetings, I just bought a D8B this week. 2021. Am I crazy? not so far. Just few days with her and I am already in love.

joking apart... I am facing some strange behaviour. Some plugins when loaded, after a while the input source change from the one I select to none. It happens no matter if I select pre or post chanel instert or if i select Auxs.

Any clue?
thanks in advance
antoniodelrio

Re: Input source disengage

Postby Phil.c » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:33 am

Welcome!

It sounds like you're in Demo mode, are you running v5.1 with an activation code?
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Jondav1120 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:37 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Few quick thoughts that came to mind:
1. There is a section of the database that lists some known bugs with the plugins. Does the behaviour that you are experiencing match any of the symptoms listed there?
2. Corrupt startup session. Again there is a section of the database on this (I think it is under Maintenance).
3. Bios settings. I can't see any reason why these should cause the symptoms you describe, but can't do any harm to check them. Setings for the different motherboards are again in the database.
4. Last resort...OS reload.

Let us know how you get on.

Edit....Phil's suggestion seems more likely. Thanks Phil, I had forgotten that one...

Regards

John
Jondav1120

Postby Crash » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Phil.c wrote:Welcome!

It sounds like you're in Demo mode, are you running v5.1 with an activation code?

What Phil said.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby antoniodelrio » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Thanks guys,

I cannot tell you if the problem is related to the license. I guy how sold me the mixer didn't tell me anything about it.

If I go to setup->licensing, I can see all the plugins listed with a closed lock in the left. Does it means they are not licensed??

Thanks again
antoniodelrio

Postby Phil.c » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Yes, the plugins are unlicenced, the guy that sold you the desk should have given you the codes, also for v5.1 that's if he had them!

Your best bet now is to check the thread on here called Crack or something similat, this will unlock everything, it's in the database.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby antoniodelrio » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Solved!!

I couldn’t get access by ftp because it was password protected. So I decided to reinstall everything from scratch. Then I have accessed to the HDD and following the well-described steps in the forum, now I have everything working and licensed.

I am really surprised how easy it was the process and how robust is the system. I wish some of my modern gear was half the robust the d8b is.

Thanks guys for the support
antoniodelrio

Postby captainamerica » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:12 am

you've come to a great forum....everyone here is helpful and knowledgeable
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum