Change font size   Print view

Anybody catch wind of this??

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Anybody catch wind of this??

Postby Crash » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stor ... a=from_rss

I have been hearing grumblings of this and it does not boad well in my opinion, especially considering this:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stor ... a=from_rss

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/ ... ily30.html

Could be some tougher times ahead.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Anybody catch wind of this??

Postby anyhorizon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Seems like the 'Dark' is getting darker. Could explain the postponed release of whatever it is.

Who's Sun Mackie? Does Greg have anything to do with that?

Peter
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby Crash » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Sun was part of a capital investment group from a few years back. Think the failed Mars Music stores.... I do believe there is a connection there. As for Greg, he doesn't really have much of a connection with Mackie as far as I know, since he is no longer the prinicpal majority share holder and has not been for some time. It ain't like it used to be....
Last edited by Crash on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby greaterplanet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Before I comment I want to say thanks to those responsible for putting this forum up. It's good to know there are still some forward thinkers in this world!

I too have been trying to login over at Mackie. It seems ALL of the forums are down. Hmmmm... something is definately fishy in Denmark... err... Woodinville!

michael h.
greater planet
greaterplanet

Postby Mike Rivers » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:16 am

That's all old news. But you never can tell what the new news is. Maybe they decided that it was time to switch the forum over from analog to digital, and nobody has a converter because the government is too busy bailing out banks and auto makers.

Mackie's current policy is not to announce a product more than 90 days prior to actual availability (even though it may be limited availability as it was when the 1200F was first released). They don't even want to talk about it. The story about "Dark" that I got at NAMM was simply that they weren't as close as they expected to be at that time so they didn't show it or talk about it.

Woody assured me that they had a new product coming that would "knock my socks off" but of course he didn't say what it was (or even if it was "Dark" or something else). My socks don't knock off easily. We'll see. Or we won't.
--
Understanding storage technology is not difficult. It is an ongoing process whereby larger and larger amounts of information can be lost by smaller and smaller mishaps.
Mike Rivers
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:45 pm

While I agree that the Sun Capitol merger stuff is old, the other stuff is from this year and since we are not that far into this year.... Well, you see where I am with that. I too wait what this "dark" thing is, hopefully other than just dark times. Hopefully it will have more bang than the already abandoned Hotwire V-12.

If you all need me my fellow comrades, I'll be in the studio bailout line awaiting my "free" money.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum